? about extra chair on balcony

cruiser61262

We are going on Solstice in April. We are in CC on the bump angle with the larger balcony. We will have three in our room. ? does anyone know if it is possible to get a third chair for the balcony. We would like to eat breakfast on the veranda as a family. Can one of us use the foot rest as a chair? Can I slip something to the steward on the first day and see if he/she can get a chair or is that too pushy and asking too much. Thanks in advance for the info

We are going on Solstice in April. We are in CC on the bump angle with the larger balcony. We will have three in our room. ? does anyone know if it is possible to get a third chair for the balcony. We would like to eat breakfast on the veranda as a family. Can one of us use the foot rest as a chair? Can I slip something to the steward on the first day and see if he/she can get a chair or is that too pushy and asking too much. Thanks in advance for the info

I don't think you need to "slip something" to the steward. Just ask. If a chair is available, it'll be in your stateroom quickly.

Just wrote this in another post yesterday, so you may have read it by now. On Solstice February 21 sailing, we were three in a C1 cabin (2144 - stbd aft - slightly larger balcony). When we arrived at our cabin, there were three chairs on the balcony. One did not match the other two, so I am sure our steward brought it for us.

We had also planned breakfast on our balcony, but found it was just too much trouble. The table is very small and getting everything set up was too much hassle. We ended up going out for breakfast. We did enjoy and use the third chair, though!

Doris

Doris

thank you very much for that info. I believe that in CC there is actually a larger table but I could be wrong. If anyone knows for sure I'd apprecite the information. I'll be sad if we can't eat out there.

Maybe you did not notice, but we WERE in a CC cabin:

"On Solstice February 21 sailing, we were three in a C1 cabin (2144 - stbd aft - slightly larger balcony)."

The table was too small for three to have breakfast.

Doris

The table was too small for three to have breakfast.

Doris

The table is not too small for 3 if two order breakfast and the third orders a glass of OJ and eats off the others' plates! Just a suggestion......

By the way, I joke about OJ, but on CC class, you get fresh squeezed OJ!

Denny

The table is not too small for 3 if two order breakfast and the third orders a glass of OJ and eats off the others' plates! Just a suggestion......

By the way, I joke about OJ, but on CC class, you get fresh squeezed OJ!

Denny

You're right as usual, Denny! We ordered breakfast for 3 our first morning and we had room enough (almost) because one of our party was seasick & unable to eat!:eek:

Doris

This is one of the largest CC cabins and the table. Not great for two, much less three. One can eat on the table just inside the door if your bed is by the bathroom.

Which CC cabin is this? We are on the Equinox in a CC cabin in a few weeks.

I'm not going to let this get me down. As long as I have a lap and a table to hold my fresh squeezed OJ, I'll make it through... I guess you could say that I am a Half OJ full kind of person.

That's the spirit! My cruise in the CC cabin was the second leg of a B2B (after the first leg in a sky suite where we had breakfast on the balcony every day). Like you, I was looking forward to daily breakfasts on the balcony for this part of my cruise as well, but instead enjoyed having it in the MDR and Oceanview Cafe this time. It was still a lovely time.

If it is really, really important to you in the future, a sky suite is the answer. The butler will set up your breakfast table (a large one) on the balcony, complete with linens, pour your first cup of coffee, etc. Now, THAT's being pampered!

Doris

I've done the butler thing.... My parents were planning on cruising with my sister who unfortunately passed away from cancer about a month before the trip. Celebrity not only allowed me to cruise in my sister's name (this was in 1995), but they upgraded us to the Presidential Suite (My mom was a cruise agent who booked a lot of groups on X.) I was sleeping on the pull out couch in the living area and every morning that darned butler would bring in my mom's breakfast and make me get up so he could set up her coffee and pastries and give her a nice place to eat. My mom thought it was funny so she never put an end to it. I did enjoy the sandwiches at tea time, though.

Anyways, a suite at this time in my life is definitely not in the picture. We usually cruise inside cabin so that we can go on more of them... this time we are doing CC so that we can get to the Elite level on our next cruise. I have a feeling that after having a verandah state room I may never be able to go back :D

Archived