My Time Dining reservations online

Pardon me if this has been mentioned here, but I checked a recent MTD thread and found no mention of it.

I just learned that it was now possible to make MTD reservations online ahead of our 3/22 Radiance cruise. Not just to specify MTD/pay prepaids, but to reserve specific times each night. There are two choices: Specify differing times each night, or the same time. With the same time, you have the option of table with or without other guests.

This makes MTD nearly perfect for us. We've been doing MTD on all our cruises for the last two years, but service can be either good or bad. On the Navigator in November, it was horrible. I believe that having the same table/same wait staff each night will be better, yet now we can eat at 7:00 PM, and not some gawdawful 5:30 PM or 9:30 PM.

I love being able to chose the times for MTD. In line with our itinerary and excursions we have reserved our most appropriate times. Also, we will be boarding late on the first day; this allows us ample time to settle in before having to dine. Perfect.

Online reservations are not available for the Explorer until the 12th. Anyone know if you can reserve seating for other parties at the same time/table? Our reservations are linked...

You can link reservations - but not if any of your party are non-US residents. We are having a masive problem - tryring in advance - to get RCCL to do anything to help. Miami are not interested, nor are the web support team or the UK customer services.

Funny though, if you wnat to link in the main dining room then no problem. Just the speciality bookings.

Any idea when this will be available for the Mariner? I am on it 4/18 and am hoping to reserve my MTD for some evenings. Also, once you pre-reserve online is it possible to change it once aboard (if it conflicts with a show, etc).

Thanks.

It is really not necessary to pre-reserve for a specific time slot in MTD, at least it wasn't when we were on Liberty in early February. We just showed up at the dining room when we wanted to eat and were immediately seated. We were always offered the option of a table for two or with a group. Our ship sailed at full capacity, and there was never a wait for a table (and often there several large tables that was empty the entire time we were at dinner)

You can link reservations - but not if any of your party are non-US residents. We are having a masive problem - tryring in advance - to get RCCL to do anything to help. Miami are not interested, nor are the web support team or the UK customer services.

Funny though, if you wnat to link in the main dining room then no problem. Just the speciality bookings.

It is possible to link UK and USA reservations for dining in the MDR, but it is not possible to link reservations for the speciality restaurants because, I assume, you paid in £ and they paid in $. Just go to the restaurant on boarding and tell them you want to sit together. They will arrange this for you.

Pardon me if this has been mentioned here, but I checked a recent MTD thread and found no mention of it.

I just learned that it was now possible to make MTD reservations online ahead of our 3/22 Radiance cruise. Not just to specify MTD/pay prepaids, but to reserve specific times each night. There are two choices: Specify differing times each night, or the same time. With the same time, you have the option of table with or without other guests.

This makes MTD nearly perfect for us. We've been doing MTD on all our cruises for the last two years, but service can be either good or bad. On the Navigator in November, it was horrible. I believe that having the same table/same wait staff each night will be better, yet now we can eat at 7:00 PM, and not some gawdawful 5:30 PM or 9:30 PM.

We did MTD reservations on-line for 4/23 Radiance cruise. We've only doen MTD once before, on Mariner, and service actually was pretty good, but we were always sat in one of two sections so we always had the one of two waitstaffs. Figured we'd try the on-line option this time around.

Archived