New C&A Savings Certificates

I got the email in the past couple of days about the new certificates. In the email they remind us they are not combinable with Diamonds Balcony or above savings.

So I read thru the certificates and they are offering $150 discounts on 7 day balcony cruises. Why even bother sending out those savings certificates when I get more using my Diamond discount? Granted a few bucks $75 off if I were to go cheap and inside...could only get away with that if I were sailing solo.

Seems like they would send certificates to Diamond and above only when the discount is better than their Diamond or above Balcony discounts.

I got the email in the past couple of days about the new certificates. In the email they remind us they are not combinable with Diamonds Balcony or above savings.

So I read thru the certificates and they are offering $150 discounts on 7 day balcony cruises. Why even bother sending out those savings certificates when I get more using my Diamond discount? Granted a few bucks $75 off if I were to go cheap and inside...could only get away with that if I were sailing solo.

Seems like they would send certificates to Diamond and above only when the discount is better than their Diamond or above Balcony discounts.

I also got my mailed certificates last week, and my coupons show the largest discounts are for OCEAN VIEW staterooms, not balconies. This way they give you a discount on the cabin types not covered in your regular Diamond C&A bennies. I am D+, so maybe ours are different. But, you might want to check those again and see if they are for inside and ocean view, not balcony.

I also got my mailed certificates last week, and my coupons show the largest discounts are for OCEAN VIEW staterooms, not balconies. This way they give you a discount on the cabin types not covered in your regular Diamond C&A bennies. I am D+, so maybe ours are different. But, you might want to check those again and see if they are for inside and ocean view, not balcony.

Sorry, they are the same coupons for D + which are not combinable with a balcony discount

I believe that Peggy's point was that the coupon also contains a discount for oceanview and interior cabins.

Yes, this is what I was (badly) trying to say: the certs can be used for inside and OV, and the Diamond balcony perk can be used for the balcony. That way the D and D+ have a discount on those 3 cabin types on the selected cruises in the coupons.

You are correct with mine. My Diamond coupons go up to as much as $225.00 for an oceanview. $150 for my next cruise if we had an Oceanview.

I could not drag my husband into one of them after talking him into balconies years ago. :rolleyes: :D

You mean like those STUPID $25/$50 "thank you for sailing with us" coupons?!?!?!?

Oh, that is a really sore subject with me. :( :(

First one I got in years is useless garbage.

We don't usually book balconies, because DH considers Deck 5 outside HIS porch/balcony...........:D

But, lately I've been booking the Next Cruise thing on board, so the coupons are good for us if we haven't got an obc bigger from booking on board.

The $225 off an ocean view is pretty nice.

Archived