Swimsuits - how many do you take?

mousey, when you say a swimsuit for in the spa, is that for the steam rooms?

I always wanted to try them out, but I was too scared to do it because I thought you were supposed to be naked.

Hi Sandra, hope you and your Mom are doing well:)

There are different parts of spas on different ships but I have always

worn my bathing suit.

Some spas have wonderful whirlpools.....definitely need to wear your

bathing suit!!!.....they are co-ed pools;)

I might take more if I could find more brands that size suits by cup size instead of generic S/M/L sizes and that have underwires. I found a couple suits this year but none were pretty enough to pay $140 for a set. I have last years but I think it will be too big around this year.

It's funny, you add that type of sizing and an underwire and the price triples. Why I have no idea.

i have tons of suits... i bring one for each day. i am always in the water and the sun. it's pretty much all i wear on a cruise and living in florida all my life & living by the beach i wear them under everything :D

I probably have 7-8 suits as well, but we live on a lake so I have an excuse! I usually take three: one for morning, one for after lunch, one drying in the shower. I'm a water baby and if there is a place to swim then that's where I'll be.

mousey, when you say a swimsuit for in the spa, is that for the steam rooms?

I always wanted to try them out, but I was too scared to do it because I thought you were supposed to be naked.

No you don't want to be naked in the spa as it is co-ed. There are separate areas for changing and showering, but everything else is co-ed, at least on the ships I've been on. Even if the steam and sauna rooms are just for women, I still wear a bathingsuit. I don't like being nude in front of strangers. That's just me. I take one of my older swimsuits for the spa because I like to go into the jacuzzi and the hot water is not good for them. I save my new ones for the beach. It's funny, but I have never been in a pool on a cruise ship except for the ones in the spa. There are just too many people and I don't like the idea of salt water pools. Don't know why, because I love to swim at the beach!:rolleyes:

I like to take 3. I have an older one I wear to snorkel in, wear in the spa or hot tub and wear the nicer ones for sunning at the pool on the ship and if just going to the beach. You really need a third one if you want to have a dry one. They don't seem to dry overnight in the cabin.

I take one for every day that way I never have to worry about one being dirty or wet. I've found over the years that sometimes the humidity in the cabin makes the swim suits stay damp for longer than I really like.

Well, I take one for each day...so it depends on the length of the cruise. I'm going on a 5 day in May and I will have at least 5 swim suits packed. And maybe one more since we are spending a day at Hollywood beach before we cruise!!!

On my last 7 day, I packed 7 and I wore every single one of them. Swimsuits take up no room and if you roll them and pack them in shoes or in between items, you can get them all in.

I'm the same way. I have way more bikinis than anybody that lives in Chicago needs.:p

Archived