booking guests in 2 cabins

CruisinFinsUp

Hi,

I was wondering if you can help me identify any "cons" to splitting our party between 2 cabins for booking purposes and then moving one person over once we get on board for sleeping arrangements.

It is on Emerald Princess.

Basically we'd be booking an AD mini - all are quads on this particular ship so that's not a concern, and a balcony cabin, say BD. We have a family of 4, plus single grandparent.

Because the single pays a double rate, we were thinking we'd book one family member with grandparent, so 2 guests in the BD, and 3 in the AD. Then once on the ship, all 4 would be in AD (again, all AD's are quads according to the deck plans), and grandparent alone in BD. Does it matter if we book an adult or child in the BD? I know price is the same, but for kids' club, muster, onboard account, etc? I'd set up all the credit cards the way I want them, no problem there.

We figure we can save the 4th pax rate in the AD by putting one person in the BD for booking - a lot on a holiday sailing.

What do you think? What are my risks? What about if grandparent decides not to go - our AD would be a quad, so could we move the 4th to the AD and give up the BD? (penalties, insurance aside - I know all about that stuff)

I'm thinking that there might be something I'm missing:confused:, so I figure the best thing to do is ask here!! :)

Thanks much!

I only see one problem. When the ship is full it is full. By that I mean that there must be enough life boats for everyone. When that number is reached you can't add more people. The ship might deny you the right to move a fourth person into your quad. I think they would rather resell the two person cabin to two people and get the onboard revenue. Perhaps not. How old are the children? I might get an inside across from the minisuite and then if Grandma backs out let the kids stay there if they are old enough.

Is the BD balcony cabin a triple occupancy cabin? If so, check to see if it is less expensive to book the third passenger in that cabin vs. in the minisuite. As others have said, once onboard Princess does not care who sleeps where.

Archived