First time on Celebrity

KKCruisers

Hi, This will be our first time cruising Celebrity and will be on the Solstice in April. I was wondering if somebody might give us an idea of what is available to do on the ship, when you are not in port, other than sunbathe on the decks. We will spend some time out in the sun, but we live in Florida and have all the sun we want so that is not a priority for us. Believe me, I'm not knocking anyone that does, because when I lived in the north I couldn't wait to get out in the sun when vacationing. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Also I would like to know what were your favorite lounges for entertainment and coctails.

Thanks so much for all the help, we love this board!

Solstice has a very nice lounge forward - Sky observation Lounge - nice and quiet during the day.

Martini bar is the place to go before dinner.

They have a small venue show lounge - Celebrity Central - for specialty shows and late night.

Unfortunately if you are not 90 there's not much to do. I see you have cruised Carnival.....the Solstice will not come close to the entertainment options over there. Bars are typically empty and the ship closes down around 11:00pm. If you want to relax and not party......I would say Celebrity can't be beat.

Unfortunately if you are not 90 there's not much to do. I see you have cruised Carnival.....the Solstice will not come close to the entertainment options over there. Bars are typically empty and the ship closes down around 11:00pm. If you want to relax and not party......I would say Celebrity can't be beat.

We're nowhere near 90 and had a great time on Solstice.

To the OP, don't miss having dinner in one of the specialty restaurants. We loved Tuscan Grill and our friends loved Muranos. We spent a lot of time in the Ensemble Lounge and the Martini Bar. If you like wine, Cellar Masters is wonderful. For lively music, try Quasar.

Haven't been on X since 06, but loved the butlers, absolutely the best. I'm also dying to try the new Solstice class. Had a T/A planned on the Eclipse for October but had to cancel for financial reasons. Oh well.....

Have A Great Cruise

Bob

Archived