SeaDream in Adriatic June 26,anyone??

If you do a quick search for "Dubrovnik" on this board a few good results pop up (but, yes, this board skews heavy to the Caribbean). I'll be getting on SDI right after you get off in Venice--try not to drink all of the champagne!

I have not done the Adriatic ports on Sea Dream, but will being doing them on SD II in Sept. Several people we know have done that cruise and all said it was a must do cruise. They also said to do it soon before the beautiful, unspoiled ports along that coast got invaded by all the other cruise ships.

Have a great trip and be sure to write a review. I'll really can hardly wait to hear all about it!

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, only one response for being on this cruise,we ll have ship all to ourselves right? Did you mean you ve been on this particular cruise to Croatia 3 times or just the area and other SD cruises? Have not received my final statement yet,,,will have to call and pay,,,is that normal? Does the ship dock in Dubrovnik, plans dont specify, or tender?We re going 2 days early, so will have to taxi to dock with luggage... Hope the Adriatic is smooth sailing,have asked before and usually is.Hope to meet you onboard, will just ask for any CC ers at the bar or pool.:cool:

Have not received my final statement yet,,,will have to call and pay,,,is that normal?

Does the ship dock in Dubrovnik, plans dont specify, or tender?

I have never had to "call and pay" with SD. They are very good at finding me or my travel agent. However, if it's time to pay, it's better to be safe than sorry so I wouldn't hesitate to contact them.

We embarked at Dubrovnik once and the ship did dock then. We have called on Dubrovnik other times and on those occasions the ships anchored in the harbor off of Old Town and we tendered ashore.

You can call Miami and they should know if the plan is to dock or to tender (although those plans can change last-minute). They also should tell you what days the marina is scheduled to open (again, subject to change).

I've not had to "call and pay" either. My final payment is due next month, though. I assume my TA will call me. I just need to get that tax return back before the AmEx is due!

• 2 weeks later...

Not to worry fellow sailors, the final bill DID arrive on time....did ask about Dubrovnik docking, but was told details would arrive 45 days before....also, since so few people seem to be on board,,,do they ever upgrade you??Can always hope, got lowest deck and now wondering,have never been without balcony but hear no problem....:)

We embarked on a Seadream cruise from Dubrovnik last summer. SD I was berthed right next to the ferry terminal in the commercial port. At about 6 PM we got under way and moved over to the harbor by Stari Grad (old town) Dubrovnik and the tender began operating. We very much enjoyed our 2 pre-cruise days in Dubrovnik.

That is exactly the info I needed, am also staying 2 days ahead and wondered about where I d have to go in taxi or if a tender was needed.Glad to hear you like the cruise and countries. For the others who answered, thanks and will let you know when I return all the details,,and will TRY not to drink all the wine ahead of time for those that get on in Venice:D

We stayed at the Hilton Imperial right at the Pile Gate to Dubrovnik for 2 nights. The hotel offered to arrange a sedan to take us to the wharf, but we decided to just use the taxi queue right down the street at the Pile Gate. We had to wait about 5 minutes for the queue to reach us. I can't remember the fare, but I'm pretty sure it was $7-10 US. It is only about a 5 minute ride, but it is over some hills along a fast moving road with hit/miss sidewalks so probably best not to walk it even if you are traveling lite.

The boarding process was a little confusing due to port security fences. We didn't see any signs directing us so we walked up to the ship on the wrong side of the security fence and Hotel Manager Peter came over to direct us back to the Ferry Terminal. Once there we again didn't see any signs and saw a lot of people queuing for the ferry to Italy (which we knew we wanted to stay away from). We ended up just walking through some barricades, flashed our passports at some disinterested security guards without stopping, and walked back to the ship. Dubrovnik has a lot of cruise ship port calls, but very few embarkations. Hopefully the process will be smoother this year. On-board guest registration is great.

also, since so few people seem to be on board,,,do they ever upgrade you??Can always hope, got lowest deck and now wondering,have never been without balcony but hear no problem....:)

since there are no balconys, you will never get one;) But, yes, you can get an "upgrade" to a higher deck. I've sailed GTY several times and ended up on deck 3 and 4 with a picture window instead of a porthole (the only difference) a couple of times. I'm quite happy on Deck 2 though so even without an upgrade, I'm always content with my GTY cabin assignment. Have fun and hope you have time to post while on board. :D

FT

I already booked a specific cabin, not sure what GTY is? Will this mean I have to ask when boarding for upgrade, or before?Sorry, knew there weren t balconies, just mentioning never had cabin with just portholes and sort of worried about it...esp.if you cant open them for fresh air.Also, Stan thanks for the heads up about confusion at Dubrovnik dock, hope its changed, seems odd they wouldn t have a sign or crew member there to direct SD customers....Thanks everyone for help with this SC newbie:)

I already booked a specific cabin, not sure what GTY is? Will this mean I have to ask when boarding for upgrade, or before?Sorry, knew there weren t balconies, just mentioning never had cabin with just portholes and sort of worried about it...esp.if you cant open them for fresh air....Thanks everyone for help with this SC newbie:)

The only times I booked a specific cabin, I stayed in that specific cabin. GTY - don't know the exact meaning, but the impact is you have a guaranteed fare, but you won't know your cabin until possibly until you board. Neither windows or portholes open (or if they do - someone else can explain how because I've never figured it out) but you are never more than a few steps away from fresh air no mattter where you are on the yacht. I've never felt the least bit claustraphobic in the cabin - about the only place with really tight quarters are the spa treatment rooms -and unless the seas are really rocking and rolling that doesn't bother me once the wonderful massage starts.

If you are interested in moving to a higher deck without paying the higher fare, never hurts to call Miami and let them know that if one is available, you'd like the opportunity.

FT

Archived