POESIA-Feb 20-March 6(Good,Bad,Ugly)

MTL=CRUISEFAMILY

Poesia-The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Poesia 14 day East and West Caribbean

We sailed back to back, east and west Caribbean Feb 20-March 7th

Having sailed the MSC Lirica last year, we were pretty much expecting a similar experience, but on a new, larger ship. We were not disappointed in a whole, there are some points that could have been better.

The Good

The ship is impressive, large, clean, decor is elegant (marble, brass, rich plush, color combos are tasteful)

Cabins are adequate, and workable, we are a family of 4 with 2 young kids. Plenty of storage, suitcases fit under bottom beds, lots of hangers and drawers.

Food was overall good, being of Italian descent; I knew what to order and was familiar with preparation. Note: most of the food is prepared so that you add or do not add your preference of salt, and pepper. If you order the steaks or any meats it is often over cooked, we caught on and simply adjusted i.e.: if you want well done, order medium well.

Buffet selection was adequate at lunch; grill side was too, large salad counter.

Evening pizza on deck 13 was very good.

Check open and close times for food. MSC does not have 24 hr food availability, the daily itinerary clearly points out these times (typically only 1-2 block outs)

The lounges were large, comfortable and you wanted to stick around to catch what was on next. Zebra bar in particular is the largest most animated of the lounges (carnival, dancing, animation team activities etc)

Shows were good, not great. We preferred the shows on last year's cruise, where there were more Cirque du Soleil type shows, aerialist, dancers etc. The entertainment this year was more singing, group dancing, or theme oriented.

The theater is absolutely beautiful, seats comfortable and visually captivating.

Main dining room staff are Indonesian, hard working servers, never had an issue. Cabin stewards do a good job too, never needed to request anything for our room, always clean and ready.

Ports

San Juan is a beautiful city; walk to the fort, the view towards the ocean is worth it. Lots of small boutiques along the way

St.Maartens. Walked to the nearby beach (10 minutes) calm water, clean sand, restos nearby, small shops too.

Tortola. Took an Island tour, the views from atop the mountains are breathtaking.

Nassau. (1 st week)Short tour of the Atlantis (impressive) and headed to nearby Cabbage beach (a bit crowded, the Oasis was also at port)

. (2nd week)took a 10 min. bus ride to Cable beach, nice beach, calm waves, only 30-40 people on the beach)

Key West. Beautiful little town, lots to see, lots of shops, bars, sailboats. Walked the small streets.

Cozumel. Poesia did not stop at Playa del Carmen, nor has it stopped yet this season, and it is not because of poor weather, water conditions, we were informed from Italian speaking ship employees we befriended, that the port at Playa is unstable, sandy and docking there is somewhat problematic (they state Playa in all internet ads, but apparently other lines are avoiding it too (cannot confirm) Cozumel was not impressive, pushy vendors, taxi drivers, shops) We made a short stop at Paradise beach, and were harassed constantly to buy food, drinks etc.

Cayman Island. Unfortunately, the day we arrived, there were very high winds and it is a tender port, excursions were cancelled, as they were unsure of the weather and water conditions in late afternoon. Taking this decision and testing the tenders took almost 1 and a half hours (Not just MSC, but 3 Carnival ships too) we did end up getting off but only for 2 hours)

Montego Bay. Early morning rain impeded us from going to the beach, so we opted for an Island tour, and glad we did, very nice overview of the city.

The Bad

I preface the following 2 sections with the intent not to offend any nationality; it is simply my observations of what I saw.

The buffet lines are long, and lineups can be challenging. Many Europeans did not observe the line process, choosing to cut in line wherever they pleased.

Service is not a forte. Front desk, unless you are able to communicate in Italian (I had no issues, and was quickly taken care of at each request) but did notice that others were treated less than polite, very curt answers, or we cannot accommodate etc)

Cafeteria staff: particularly the Romanian servers, very cold, and sometimes rude to some.

Entertainment crew not as interactive as last year, not as fun unfortunately.

Hostesses that directed the back to back process (re embarkation after first week, were not well informed and had us needlessly line up in 3 different lines to get us through customs

The UGLY

Germans would sit on the deck lounges near the pool, even if you have a towel reserving the place (and we were sitting next to it!)The response was, do you want your towel back?) Huh?

Overall, we loved the islands, had fantastic weather (30-38 almost every day)

My kids had fun at the pools and other venues. We relaxed and had a god time. We took the opportunity to speak to a lot of other travelers, who have tried other lines and many did not give MSC highest praise overall, but noted that all the lines will have shortcomings in one area r another, it all depends on what YOU expect from a cruise. We are not fussy; we are easy going and make the best of any situation. We ate well, were entertained, saw some great islands. The small differences, we were told by some who travelled on other lines was price. Many noted that the same trip would have cost them up to $1500 more. MSC offers kids sail free program. If you can go with the flow and not overly demanding you do get value for your money. Many we spoke to did not make the link and were determined to have a miserable time, because they did not get chocolates on their pillow, food was not available 24hrs and did not have friendly wait staff that interacted with them.

Foul smell on deck 13 (pool area) sometimes got a whiff, not pretty, was told it was the pool, sewage, never got a straight answer. In 14 days, maybe 10-15 minutes total.

We will try other lines next. NCL and Princess came up very often in discussion, as relaxed cruising and lots of little extras.

Would I cruise MSC again? Absolutely.

Please feel free to ask questions I will be glad to offer my observations...

Thank you for an honest review of your cruise. I thought with the log in name and prior posts that your review of Poesia would be glowing. It sort of worries me that you appear to love MSC, but agree with many of the complaints brought up in a majority of the other reviews.

Our family plans to enjoy our time together on a beautiful ship, visiting places we couldn't afford to fly to seperately in a week. Hopefully we'll find the food adequate and the service acceptable.

How old are your children and what activities did they enjoy? What did you think of the children's areas and programs on Poesia?

Thanks for your insight.

Thank you for an honest review of your cruise. I thought with the log in name and prior posts that your review of Poesia would be glowing. It sort of worries me that you appear to love MSC, but agree with many of the complaints brought up in a majority of the other reviews.

Our family plans to enjoy our time together on a beautiful ship, visiting places we couldn't afford to fly to seperately in a week. Hopefully we'll find the food adequate and the service acceptable.

How old are your children and what activities did they enjoy? What did you think of the children's areas and programs on Poesia?

Thanks for your insight.

I MAY CHANGE MY SCREEN NAME...

My kids are 12 and 9, the kids program in not great, geared for the very young, most of the kids were just sitting and watching videos or doing simple arts and crafts, my kids did not attend, nor did I want them to, we spent time at the ping pong tables, foosball, tennis, basketball court and of course the pool. The entertainment in the lounges are amusing even for the kids (visual gags, Mr & Mrs Poesia contest, karaoke.. boy did I make em laugh!... I was awful!!!

The teen group seemed to have more following with activities in the disco.

As for the islands they really are great. If your family enjoys the beach you should be able to enjoy yourself, most were very good and the waters fairly warm

Thank you for your review.

I think I am going to feel the same way as you when I get off ( IF I go on my cruise). I am booked on the NYE cruise.

I am not sure what to do.:confused: Do I go and be OK with a medicore cruise, pay $1000 more and go on another cruise line, or just stay in Florida. It would be an easy answer if it was my only cruise for the year, but 6 weeks after the MSC cruise I am cruising on the NCL Epic in a suite. I was trying to fit in a cheap cruise ( which is not possible on NYE).

Is it OK not to dress up for formal night? Will they still allow my kids in the dining room?( with a collared shirt and jeans). We are use to NCL's freestyle.

When did the buffet close for breakfast and lunch?

Thank you

Thank you for your review.

I think I am going to feel the same way as you when I get off ( IF I go on my cruise). I am booked on the NYE cruise.

I am not sure what to do.:confused: Do I go and be OK with a medicore cruise, pay $1000 more and go on another cruise line, or just stay in Florida. It would be an easy answer if it was my only cruise for the year, but 6 weeks after the MSC cruise I am cruising on the NCL Epic in a suite. I was trying to fit in a cheap cruise ( which is not possible on NYE).

Is it OK not to dress up for formal night? Will they still allow my kids in the dining room?( with a collared shirt and jeans). We are use to NCL's freestyle.

When did the buffet close for breakfast and lunch?

Thank you

Dress, many were dresed in dark suits for men, shirt and tie, some were just with shirt, and dress pants.....kids were o.k with shirt and jeans (no shorts or too casual) they do not bother you with how you dress, but the majority will dress up, so if you do not want to stand out, consider at least a shirt and tie with chino type pants with a pleat.

Buffet opens at 7 am to 10:30 am

Lunch 12p.m to 2 pm, but the grill is open until 4 p.m (chops, bread, hot dogs, hamburgers, fries)

Pizza, ia available from 6:30 p.m to 10:30 pm on deck 13 (very good!)

Dinner, 1st seating at 5:30 or 6, and 2nd seating 8 or 8:30.

This is a low frills cruise, our intent was to have a good time, see some beautiful islands, we never starved, rooms were clean and entertainment was good. If you have younger kids, go ahead and enjoy!

Glad it was pretty good for you.

Was Richard still there? I know he usually follows Marco who is not on Poesia anymore.

Email me and we can chat off the cc. I am really getting tired of being told I am an employee or too much of a cheerleader here.

I think I was geting the same reaction because of my screen name, I chose it simply because as a family we felt very much at home on last years cruise, lots of interaction from the italian staff , very friendly.

Richard is stil there, he and his team try hard to entertain, but must admit the group from last year, headed by Anthony was more to my taste, more skits in and around the pool area, kids were more involved, Richard does a fine job when he is on, or scheduled for an activity, and then you dont see him again, not so last year.

Dress, many were dresed in dark suits for men, shirt and tie, some were just with shirt, and dress pants.....kids were o.k with shirt and jeans (no shorts or too casual) they do not bother you with how you dress, but the majority will dress up, so if you do not want to stand out, consider at least a shirt and tie with chino type pants with a pleat.

Lunch 12p.m to 2 pm, but the grill is open until 4 p.m (chops, bread, hot dogs, hamburgers, fries)

This is a low frills cruise, our intent was to have a good time, see some beautiful islands, we never starved, rooms were clean and entertainment was good. If you have younger kids, go ahead and enjoy!

Thanks for your reply. My kids are early teens,but I think they will be fine.

There is a mini golf and a basketball court right?

No one has ever stated that the grill was on until 4:00...is that every day? I ask because when we get back from the islands we want to eat something (we have late dinner).

I guess I have 6 months to make decision. I really dislike your comment about the pushy people at the pool with the chairs. I don't know if i can handle that for one week. Although it could happen anywhere.

Thanks for your reply. My kids are early teens,but I think they will be fine.

There is a mini golf and a basketball court right?

No one has ever stated that the grill was on until 4:00...is that every day? I ask because when we get back from the islands we want to eat something (we have late dinner).

I guess I have 6 months to make decision. I really dislike your comment about the pushy people at the pool with the chairs. I don't know if i can handle that for one week.

Your teens will surely have no problem mingling with other kids/ hang out with as well, Yes the grill IS open every day until 4 p.m, and we did take advantage of this on port days. We too have late seating and some nights I went to get pizza slices for all 4 of us and ate in the room as we prepared to go back out and about the ship.

As for the pool chairs, add a personal item such as a beach bag, a magazine to identify your place more easily and we had less issues that way.

Mini golf and basketball is on the top deck, also try the foosball (table soccer) theres always someone around to challenge, or play along with you, the kids enjoyed this.

Sounds EXACTLY what I'm looking for!:)

I have no idea why you are saying MSC is a no frills cruise line? Where do you get this? Frills meaning what? They have the most entertainment all over the ship in many areas, they have Live music: guitar, piano, bands, string quartet, violin all over the ship at all times, they serve a 7 course meal at lunch and dinner, they serve FREE fruit baskets for returning MSC people who are in the MSC CLub. They also give you 10 free items laundered, ironed or dry cleaned after just ONE cruise. They give you a % off the next cruise, excursions and spa after just ONE cruise. After 21 nights of cruising you then go to the next level where you get a higher % off those areas PLUS a FREE meal with a guest in any of the specialty restaurants. IS THIS A NO FRILLS CRUISE LINE? Oh I forgot, they are the only cruise line that when you take part in games around the pool that they actually give out NICE Cruise stuff. On X and RCI we got PENS and Luggage tags. On MSC we got MSC hat, T shirt, Back pack, cd carry case, visor, ... NO FRILLS? Did you walk around the ship and see the BRASS, the MARBLE, the beautiful wood, the statues??? Did you step into the lovely theater? NO FRILLS???? Did you look up at the giant Movie screen outside which showed movies? NO FRILLS? Did you see the nice freshly prepared drinks, made to order instead of made and then walked around selling and being watered down by the melting ice? Did you see the chef demos around the pool and then serving all the people the dish? NO FRILLS???

They are the only cruise line that will not allow anyone sick on the ship. Did you know that when you were embarking they have a body scan of you to detect temperature...NO FRILL??? this is hi tech system installed to keep you all as healthy as possible! Did you go to any of the midnight galas? NO FRILLS???? Did you not look up along the top of the buffet area and see the fabulous food carvings all over decorating the entire buffet area? NO FRILLS? Arts and crafts each day, twice a day with different projects, one included giving everyone a t shirt to decorate...( and to see the complete low lifes just grab a t shirt and then walk away and not do the art project--all for a white hanes t shirt. BUt this is a NO FRILL CRUISE LINE???

In my book this is a FRILL cruise line.

Why you did not have a good time I do not understand. For me and for many I cruised with, it was MAGICAL! To cruise on MSC is an experience far different from any of the other 12 cruises we have taken on other cruise lines.

I have no idea why you are saying MSC is a no frills cruise line? Where do you get this? Frills meaning what? They have the most entertainment all over the ship in many areas, they have Live music: guitar, piano, bands, string quartet, violin all over the ship at all times, they serve a 7 course meal at lunch and dinner, they serve FREE fruit baskets for returning MSC people who are in the MSC CLub. They also give you 10 free items laundered, ironed or dry cleaned after just ONE cruise. They give you a % off the next cruise, excursions and spa after just ONE cruise. After 21 nights of cruising you then go to the next level where you get a higher % off those areas PLUS a FREE meal with a guest in any of the specialty restaurants. IS THIS A NO FRILLS CRUISE LINE? Oh I forgot, they are the only cruise line that when you take part in games around the pool that they actually give out NICE Cruise stuff. On X and RCI we got PENS and Luggage tags. On MSC we got MSC hat, T shirt, Back pack, cd carry case, visor, ... NO FRILLS? Did you walk around the ship and see the BRASS, the MARBLE, the beautiful wood, the statues??? Did you step into the lovely theater? NO FRILLS???? Did you look up at the giant Movie screen outside which showed movies? NO FRILLS? Did you see the nice freshly prepared drinks, made to order instead of made and then walked around selling and being watered down by the melting ice? Did you see the chef demos around the pool and then serving all the people the dish? NO FRILLS???

They are the only cruise line that will not allow anyone sick on the ship. Did you know that when you were embarking they have a body scan of you to detect temperature...NO FRILL??? this is hi tech system installed to keep you all as healthy as possible! Did you go to any of the midnight galas? NO FRILLS???? Did you not look up along the top of the buffet area and see the fabulous food carvings all over decorating the entire buffet area? NO FRILLS? Arts and crafts each day, twice a day with different projects, one included giving everyone a t shirt to decorate...( and to see the complete low lifes just grab a t shirt and then walk away and not do the art project--all for a white hanes t shirt. BUt this is a NO FRILL CRUISE LINE???

In my book this is a FRILL cruise line.

Why you did not have a good time I do not understand. For me and for many I cruised with, it was MAGICAL! To cruise on MSC is an experience far different from any of the other 12 cruises we have taken on other cruise lines.

Correction, I wrote LOW FRILLS, not NO FRILLS....

I'll explain:

• some of the frills you mention are for msc club returning members not for first timers
  • evenings did not have a 7 course meal, more like 2. 3 if you count dessert. Last year we did have a 5 course meal, antipasto, entree, main course, etc
  • some may not enjoy the fact that there are set eating times and food blockouts
  • kids did not have a pool for their age group, either the kiddie pool (1 foot of water) or the main pools (ranging 5.5 ft to 6.5 ft) My kids would have enjoyed 3ft, as they are younger and not yet at an ability to go in the larger pool.
  • Other lines (I am told, by others ) have chocolate every night, food is available 24/7, evening meals included some sort of attraction or entertainement
  • Ther is no indoor cinema, although they did play movies a few nights outdoors on the large screen (not recent movies and not age appropriate) Other lines give out blankets and popocorn for these occasions, and milk and cookies near the end of the movie.
  • In the lounges, other lines offer, snacks, pastries, chocolate etc
  • other lines have wave pools, slides, simulators and more offerings to keep kids entertained

I agree with your points that the ship is absolutely beautiful. We did the ship over many times and availed ourselves of al the offerings.

I personally do not need the extras that may be available elsewhere and was satisfied with our cruise. The context of my points were that you should do your research, and if you expect more than what is actually offered, you risk being dissapointed.

MSC=Family,

Thank you.

I really enjoy your honest post as we did sail with Lirica last year and again 2 b2b med. this coming summer. I agree what you said and they are true as you can see we sailed with other lines as well, I see the differences. Don't get me wrong, I still go with MSC because I know and expect and do as much research as possible before I go.

Cc forum is for someone who shares their experience, either good or bad, some may like it and some don't, all lines have their pros & cons. Fellow cruisers teach me alot of good & bad points. This way I gain more and more experience, I personally thank everyone in cc that shares info and make my cruise more enjoyable.

One of the major reason we pick MSC because my 2 kids are sail free, believe they only offer 11 & under free starting next year and my kids are older than 11 and they may not get the kids sail free deal, so in future family cruises, we may think to switch back to other lines, my kids are older and they like RCCL because they have surfing, rockclimbing, or zipline on board. We are waiting for the Oasis's price to come down, or you never know, may be we will go with MSC again if the price is right! Our bottom line is the price, I believe what you pay is what you get, so I have no complain of MSC.

Cam, may I ask you a question? I see you have booked 2 other cruises other than MSC? and you mentioned no other lines can be comparable to MSC? MSC is the best to you. Just a thought, please don't get me wrong.

Happy sailing!

We're heading out on April 10th with my daughter and niece (age 8). We are a firm believer in getting what you pay for. Right now we mostly book for the ports and cost. Maybe when they get older and harder to please we'll splurge for some of the more expensive lines.

Your review told me all I need to know, if the food is decent and the entertainment good, that's the main thing for us. I probably wouldn't amtter how good the kids club was they would want to be in the pool and I want them with us for meals and the show. I was hoping there would be acrobatic type shows because I know they would enjoy those. Are there any shows you think we should just skip with kids or any must see shows?Did you take the kids to entertainment in the lounges as well, like the zebra lounge? It really is all about the kids for us so if there are any tips you have that would be good to know, I'd love to hear them, thanks so much!

One really great thing about their entertainment was that they all intermixed in many of the shows. SO we had our acrobatics ( scarf, body contortion and body balancing act) interwoven into other theatrical shows even though the show was not only them. The lighting and staging around each show is really nice too. We had a wonderful production with the Magician having to do with Vampire , but only in the music( dark music) and lighting and on the side screens some dark themed stuff was shown. The magic was illusion and the make up was very theatrical. Some said it would be scary for the kids. It was just a magic show with illusion. I guess if you have early dinner and you can check out the shows on your own at 7pm ( which is the late dinner show time), then maybe you can judge for yourself.

The entertainment in the zebra lounge is really NOT for children. We saw a few there with parents and each time they got up and took them out. I guess the early part that does dance lessons and then dancing would be more than fine, but then after that , at around 10 pm if I remember correctly the entertainment group does do kooky things there and it is not for the kids.

They have some nice craft projects that they do on deck 13 in the shaded part of the pool deck, by the towel exchange usually. We saw many parents and kids around that table, and they do a craft two times a day.

Remember there is mini golf, basketball, tennis, fooseball and ping pong.

Have a great time.

We're heading out on April 10th with my daughter and niece (age 8). We are a firm believer in getting what you pay for. Right now we mostly book for the ports and cost. Maybe when they get older and harder to please we'll splurge for some of the more expensive lines.

Your review told me all I need to know, if the food is decent and the entertainment good, that's the main thing for us. I probably wouldn't amtter how good the kids club was they would want to be in the pool and I want them with us for meals and the show. I was hoping there would be acrobatic type shows because I know they would enjoy those. Are there any shows you think we should just skip with kids or any must see shows?Did you take the kids to entertainment in the lounges as well, like the zebra lounge? It really is all about the kids for us so if there are any tips you have that would be good to know, I'd love to hear them, thanks so much!

Most of the Theater shows were good, most are song and dance numbers, some with juggler, the magic show may be borderline for the VERY young.

It is a little dark. (you know your kids best)

You must see the SIN CITY VEGAS show, must see the Euphoria show and the Atlantis, all are visually captivating and they also have acrobats, and two female aerialists.

Go to the "Party under the stars" on deck 13 next to the pool, you'll have a fun evening with lots of activities, dancing, band, juggler, acrobat, pool surprise, your kids will love it.

We went to the Zebra lounge almost every single night, theres always a contest of some sort, trivia of some sort, most laugh out loud funny, I embarrased myself in Karaoke (made the kids laugh, so, worth it) theres also the Carnival evening, and TALENT SHOW.

Our young kids were with us every minute of the day, and to see them have fun, relax, and appreciate what we saw, was worth every penny.

Hope you enjoy!

Did you see the childrens dino themed play area? I am wondering how that is. The idea of kids sail free is very very tempting. My kids are 4,6, 7, 8 and 13. Would there be stuff for them to do?

Did you see the childrens dino themed play area? I am wondering how that is. The idea of kids sail free is very very tempting. My kids are 4,6, 7, 8 and 13. Would there be stuff for them to do?

The dino theme area, is a playroom that extends to an outside/closed off kids area.

It is cute, but only you're very young kids will be amused. My kids are 12 and 9 and would not have been amused had they stayed.

Most of the kids were in the very small pool (under 1 ft of water) lots of kids, parents supervising.

• evenings did not have a 7 course meal, more like 2. 3 if you count dessert. Last year we did have a 5 course meal, antipasto, entree, main course, etc --- I'm not sure what menu you were looking at but every meal we attended had AT LEAST 5 courses. That said, I didn't always order something from every course but they did exist.
  • some may not enjoy the fact that there are set eating times and food blockouts -- This is something that should really not come as a shock if you do any kind of research before hand, most should know this going in before you book the cruise.
  • Other lines (I am told, by others ) have chocolate every night, food is available 24/7, evening meals included some sort of attraction or entertainement - There is food 24/7, however the buffet is not 24/7. As for the chocolate & entertainment with meals, I think this just goes with it's European atmosphere - this is really not an Americanized ship nor do I think it will ever become one...just based on my experience last week.
  • Ther is no indoor cinema, although they did play movies a few nights outdoors on the large screen (not recent movies and not age appropriate) Other lines give out blankets and popocorn for these occasions, and milk and cookies near the end of the movie. -- I do have to say it would have been nice little extra had they given out popcorn & blankets, but they did set up plenty of chairs & tables for everyone so there was no problem there. We only went to 2 of the 3 movie nights but I honestly didn't see a problem with the movies, it would have been fine with most age groups....and the movies we saw were pretty recent. This isn't a Disney cruise anyway, it's not like they're going to play Aladdin.
  • In the lounges, other lines offer, snacks, pastries, chocolate etc -- We were given snacks every time we went to the Zebra Lounge - salty stuff, not sweets. You had to pay extra if you wanted a desert, they sounded tasty.
  • other lines have wave pools, slides, simulators and more offerings to keep kids entertained --- Yes and they charge for them. MSC costs WAY less than the lines that offer these. You get what you pay for...

• evenings did not have a 7 course meal, more like 2. 3 if you count dessert. Last year we did have a 5 course meal, antipasto, entree, main course, etc --- I'm not sure what menu you were looking at but every meal we attended had AT LEAST 5 courses. That said, I didn't always order something from every course but they did exist.
  • some may not enjoy the fact that there are set eating times and food blockouts -- This is something that should really not come as a shock if you do any kind of research before hand, most should know this going in before you book the cruise.
  • Other lines (I am told, by others ) have chocolate every night, food is available 24/7, evening meals included some sort of attraction or entertainement - There is food 24/7, however the buffet is not 24/7. As for the chocolate & entertainment with meals, I think this just goes with it's European atmosphere - this is really not an Americanized ship nor do I think it will ever become one...just based on my experience last week.
  • Ther is no indoor cinema, although they did play movies a few nights outdoors on the large screen (not recent movies and not age appropriate) Other lines give out blankets and popocorn for these occasions, and milk and cookies near the end of the movie. -- I do have to say it would have been nice little extra had they given out popcorn & blankets, but they did set up plenty of chairs & tables for everyone so there was no problem there. We only went to 2 of the 3 movie nights but I honestly didn't see a problem with the movies, it would have been fine with most age groups....and the movies we saw were pretty recent. This isn't a Disney cruise anyway, it's not like they're going to play Aladdin.
  • In the lounges, other lines offer, snacks, pastries, chocolate etc -- We were given snacks every time we went to the Zebra Lounge - salty stuff, not sweets. You had to pay extra if you wanted a desert, they sounded tasty.
  • other lines have wave pools, slides, simulators and more offerings to keep kids entertained --- Yes and they charge for them. MSC costs WAY less than the lines that offer these. You get what you pay for...

Yes, MOST of your your points are accurate, with the exception of food 24/7. Breakfast is 7 - 10:30 am, Lunch 12-2 p.m, the grill is open until 4 p.m, pizza is served as of 6:30 pm, and then of course your dinner at either 5:30 or 8 p.m ( and please do not reply that If i need more food than that, I must have a problem........I don't, and I WAS FULLY SATISFIED WITH THE OFFERINGS, but other lines do have 24/7 availability. Many OTHER cruisers were strongly unhappy that when they returned mid afternoon from excursions no food was available, to the point that at precisely 2 p.m they would take away the trays from the buffet line, I WOULD HAVE LET THE TRAY FINISH OR EMPTY befor pulling it away from a full line of people wanting food.

We will agree to disagree as to what movies may or may not be appropriate with kids , the 2 movies we noted were PG13 and R rated

But as a recap, I was pointing out small differences between lines, not that I needed, expected or hadn't done my research.

That's precisely the argument I have with comparisons, there is a price difference, but unfortunately most will not do research and may assume that more is offered....

HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR CRUISE!

I have children who are fussy eaters, can you tell me what to expect for the younger ones and if your kids were satisfied?

My daughter is a very FUSSY eater, and had no problem finding something she liked as long as there was an option for steak, chicken, beef strip and fries she was O.K

My son will eat anything and everything, he had the pastas, steaks, filet, red snapper, shrimp, swordfish, and lots of focaccia bread.

Hope this helps

Archived