Probably a stupid question

erinmomof2

I've never cruised before and my family of four is leaning towards booking a 5 night cruise on the Carnival Fascination. I've read that the interior rooms have 2 twin beds and a pull down bed. So my question is where does the 4th person sleep? I thought the couch pulled out but I read on another thread that interior rooms do not have a couch. So I'm slightly confused.

Also any reviews you have of that ship would be helpful. I'm totally clueless about all this!

Thank you!

Erin

There may be different room configurations. Just about all rooms have two twins that can combine inta a queen. some rooms have one pull down bunks (either out of the wall or ceiling), some have two pull down bunks and some have sleep sofas. If you look at the ship floor plans, it usually tells you which cabins have which configuration.

Hello,

Make absolutely sure that your cabin has 4 beds. Usually the twin beds can be made up into a queen, with the other two beds coming out of the walls of the cabin. The cabin steward prepares your beds each night when you are dinner, so you do not move any beds.

To reiterate, you must get a cabin with 4 beds, otherwise you will not have enough beds for your family. The usual language is...the cabin accomodates 4 persons, two twin beds and two wall units.

It is always a good idea to have the ship's deck plans in front of you when you book a cruise.

I've never cruised before and my family of four is leaning towards booking a 5 night cruise on the Carnival Fascination. I've read that the interior rooms have 2 twin beds and a pull down bed. So my question is where does the 4th person sleep? I thought the couch pulled out but I read on another thread that interior rooms do not have a couch. So I'm slightly confused.

Also any reviews you have of that ship would be helpful. I'm totally clueless about all this!

Erin

Erin, like Fred said, when you book the cruise have the website up and the plans of the ship in front of you.. I would use a pvp through Carnival or another you might be using... And look at the cabins that say it will accomodate 4 people. Then when you talk to your pvp or TA, you both can see where you are thinking about cabin wise or where he is trying to put you and double check it says 4 people.

Check out the forums on this site and on the Carnival site about the ship you are going on and check out the information they have. Also after you book you can go to roll calls, for the ship and date you are cruising on, and talk to others that are going too.

On my second cruise (the Norwegian Sea), my wife and I were in cabin that slept 4 with all 4 beds on the floor. It was a larger forward cabin on a lower deck. We did not book this on purpose; it was just what was assigned to us. I've never seen this layout on any other ship. We sure had a lot of space to put our luggage.

I'm guessing you'll have two floor beds and two pull down uppers. When you first arrive, the uppers will likely not be pulled down. Your cabin steward will pull them down and it might even require a special key. Don't try to pull these down yourself. And repeating a previous post, you will likely have to keep the floor beds apart -- but then you have kids with you anyway, so no time for, well, you know. :rolleyes:

If your cabin has only one pull down upper, then there is likely a pull out sofa. Or it might have a "double sofa" that sleeps two. The problem is the sofa will probably block the path to the bathroom. I suggest you get a cabin with 2 uppers. If you go to Carnival's website and look at the Fascination deck plans, the cabins with two dots have two uppers. Most kids love sleeping in the upper beds. Do you think yours will?

I'd book something like cabin R176.

I assume the 3rd and 4th people are your kids. You did not say the ages of the kids. If older, you might want 2 connecting cabins -- this gives you a much needed extra bathroom. If older and different sexes, you might want boys in one cabin and girls in the other. There are lots of options.

Archived