Berlin Tour help????

Just wondering if anyone has travelled with Denrus on their Berlin Value Tour? How was the tour? Did it seem rushed once you got to Berlin? Was it by train or bus/van? Any other tour companies worth considering? We are on the Star Princess-Aug. 10th out of Copenhagen and will be in Berlin August 18th. Thanks for any suggestions!

Scott :)

I agree with greyhound 100%. We used SPB tours for our tour in St Petersburg, and couldn't be happier, and if you book an additional tour to Berlin, there is usually some sort of discount (at least there used to be)> I have already been to Berlin, so we didn't want to make the long trip, but those from our group who did go with SPB tours (http://www.spb-tours.com/st-petersburg/en/), came back thrilled with nothing but glowing compliments. Give them the opportunity to give you some info and a quote. Viktoria is a pleasure to work with.

Cheers

Len

You're not going to have the opportunity to linger - no matter which tour you take. Its about a 3 hour drive by bus from Warnemunde to Berlin. You'll spend about 6 hours, maybe a little more, touring - staying at some sites longer than others - but you'll always be on the move. And then, there's the same 3 hours back to the port. Even if you take the cruise line tour via the train, you don't get much more time in Berlin. The tour is a taste, not an immersion.

For me, the trip was well worth the traveling and a highlight of my Baltic cruise.

Denrus did a wonderful tour in St. Petersburg. I'd rate that tour 5 stars. We weren't as enthusiastic about their Berlin tour. I felt it was a 'drive by' tour - we drove by so many places without stopping. Our guide didn't cover all the topics and places listed on their website. I'd either go with a different company or take a different tour. Sorry, I'm not usually that negative in reviews. DH thought it met his expectations. I didn't.

• 2 months later...
Denrus did a wonderful tour in St. Petersburg. I'd rate that tour 5 stars. We weren't as enthusiastic about their Berlin tour. I felt it was a 'drive by' tour - we drove by so many places without stopping. Our guide didn't cover all the topics and places listed on their website. I'd either go with a different company or take a different tour. Sorry, I'm not usually that negative in reviews. DH thought it met his expectations. I didn't.

Hi Grannycb,

Your post is the first I've read about a "DenRus" Berlin excursion. Glad I saw it.

DenRus subcontracts the tours to other tour companies in Germany which may account for your satisfaction in St Pete and displeasure in Germany. Were you

aware of the German company's name? The tour description on the website is impressive but lack of reviews on CC causes pause. I'm there on ECLIPSE July 13th.

For those who are looking for a private tour of Berlin, I went thru this person and was hooked with one of his mentors....The price was really reasonable for 2 people which included transportation to and from the ship........should contact him fast as he is getting booked up with the tourists.......by the way I'm sailing on the Norwegien Sun on 8/3/10

Good-luck.........Peter

jeremy@theberlinexpert.com

Archived