How to tell time...

Okay, this might be a dumb question. I'm a teacher and well there are clocks everywhere. When I'm on the ship how in the world do I tell the time, are there clocks? I'm on the Conquest (Next week, woohoo!) if that makes any difference. I just want to make sure if we take our son to Camp Carnival and we hang out on the Lido deck we don't leave him past their hours. We're taking a battery operated alarm clock, but I'm not sure I want to carry that everywhere. Thanks!

There are clocks all over the ship but if your really worried you can buy a cheap watch to wear. If you dont like watches..I saw a necklace (locket) that had a small watch on it..it was really cute and not expensive at all. I carried my cell phone for the time but be careful..I had verizon and just having the phone on incurred tons of roaming charges.

Okay, this might be a dumb question. I'm a teacher and well there are clocks everywhere. When I'm on the ship how in the world do I tell the time, are there clocks? I'm on the Conquest (Next week, woohoo!) if that makes any difference. I just want to make sure if we take our son to Camp Carnival and we hang out on the Lido deck we don't leave him past their hours. We're taking a battery operated alarm clock, but I'm not sure I want to carry that everywhere. Thanks!

If the BIG hand is on the 12...

and the little hand is on the 5

Then it is Five O'Clock Somewhere

You can find cheap watches that clip on at discount stores and even sometimes at dollar stores. I also hate wearing watches and I clip one of those on my beach bag, purse or on a belt loop on my clothing and set it to ship time. I even have one with an alarm feature, so I set it 10 minutes or so before the time I need to be somewhere. I like having one clipped on my backpack when we're in a port of call so I can stay on ship time which is sometimes a hour different than the ports time.

There are clocks all over the ship but if your really worried you can buy a cheap watch to wear. If you dont like watches..I saw a necklace (locket) that had a small watch on it..it was really cute and not expensive at all. I carried my cell phone for the time but be careful..I had verizon and just having the phone on incurred tons of roaming charges.

International Roaming is free to add with Verizon. If you give them a call they will get it set up for you and you can leave your phone on (data off) with no roaming fees. It only costs money to make calls/text.

International Roaming is free to add with Verizon. If you give them a call they will get it set up for you and you can leave your phone on (data off) with no roaming fees. It only costs money to make calls/text.

Wish I knew that then :eek: But great to know for my upcoming cruise. Thanks for the info :)

I agree... even if you don't like watches, it's really the best thing if you do NEED to be somewhere on time!! I found a clip on watch at Walmart $8.99 a year ago, and add it to my lanyard... But even a wrist watch can go around a lanyard or in your pocket, if you don't like the feeling on your wrist or you don't want the white stripe left while tanning.

Wish I knew that then :eek: But great to know for my upcoming cruise. Thanks for the info :)

you're welcome! I checked out the Verizon page before I cruised. They also have the info on there for the cost if you call from one of the ports vs. the ship. Some for ports, like Mexico is 99 cents a min. vs. $2.49 per min. on the ship.

There are clocks by the sides of the pool. There are clocks in the stair wells. I bought a $10 watch onboard to wear when I cruise, I dont wear a watch at home. ... but for $10 it was worth it.

A clock can be found on any number of portable electronic devices... my little iPod has one and that's what I use.

Be careful if you rely on a cell phone's clock for the correct time - it can change to the local time which is not necessarily the ship's time.

The ship has ample clocks throughout the ship so you'll never be far from one. And if you can't tell time, the ship's cruise director will, through constant bingo announcements, inform you.

Also the Captain usually speaks to passengers at noon.

Archived