Oasis versus SD2

DisneyJen

I compare Radio's "balcony" with the open space on SD. Sorry, but Central Park on the Oasis is downright scary. I remember Captain T's joke about the "gang wars" in the neigborhoods on the Oasis . . . my family should be heading over to Jost about right now. Wonder what the consumption of Painkillers will be today.:rolleyes:

I can safely report that your DD had exactly none, but that your DH and DS made up for it by drinking one for each of our SD friends who were not with us for a total of 12.

I can safely report that your DD had exactly none, but that your DH and DS made up for it by drinking one for each of our SD friends who were not with us for a total of 12.

Sounds to me like you guys need more SD friends!

• 1 month later...

That is the right attitude- don't knock it til you try it- people tend to get kind of snobby on occassion. I have been on both, and enjoyed them both tremendously for different reasons, and in obviously different ways. I could not imagine bringing very young kids on SD in fear they would disturb the other guests, not to mention be bored themselves. On the other hand, when travelling without kids, there is nothing better than SD! I have never met more interesting, amusing, and fun fellow cruisers than on the smaller yachts.

That is the right attitude- don't knock it til you try it- people tend to get kind of snobby on occassion. I have been on both, and enjoyed them both tremendously for different reasons, and in obviously different ways. I could not imagine bringing very young kids on SD in fear they would disturb the other guests, not to mention be bored themselves. On the other hand, when travelling without kids, there is nothing better than SD! I have never met more interesting, amusing, and fun fellow cruisers than on the smaller yachts.

So true, I wouldn't want to go on SeaDream with my screaming, snot-nosed son (who is adorable btw). But that's also why I love SeaDream - I get to leave him with his grandma!

I've been on both large ships and small ships and I find nothing appealing about the larger ships anymore. I'm not trying to be snobby, but SeaDream did an amazing job at spoiling me, so it's THEIR FAULT!! :D

Archived