Oasis versus SD2

DisneyJen

While FT is toiling away in the office (no the REAL one not the one on SD1 or SD2) her son, daughter and DH (zqvol) are in STT today where DS snapped this photo of RCCL's Oasis of the Seas and SeaDream 2.

Talk about polar opposites!

25974_1288379574987_1395120445_30900136_2101525_n.jpg

25974_1288379574987_1395120445_30900136_2101525_n.jpg

That picture is awesome! Here is one we took of SD1 docked next to the Emerald Princess (which isn't nearly as big as Oasis) in Kusadesi in 2007! SDI just looks like a tender!

ry%3D400

Great photo dag!

One lifeboat on Oasis would hold a full passenger load and all crew and still have open seats!!

Zqvol ... is DS now posting on CC? Is he doing a review on your current cruise? Are you?

OMG! the stern view of Oasis is scary. How on earth do they keep that tub upright!:eek:

I know Jim! I don't have a degree in maritime or naval engineering but I do have to wonder how much ballast that baby has to have ...

Our CC friend Radio has posted more photos that include SD2 in his report. I am borrowing a few to post here for those who aren't following along on his report...

Thanks RADIO!!!

T31.JPG

I think this photo from RADIO's report really puts it in perspective!!

T11.JPGT19.JPGT18.JPG

I've lived in towns that had fewer people than Oasis carries! You couldn't pay me to sail on that ship.

FT

Take a look at Radio's full report. He has done an excellent job of reporting via words and photos (no I do not know him other than his reporting on CC). It just reinforces why we pick SD over RCCL when it is just DJ's DH and me.

Take a look at Radio's full report. He has done an excellent job of reporting via words and photos (no I do not know him other than his reporting on CC). It just reinforces why we pick SD over RCCL when it is just DJ's DH and me.

I compare Radio's "balcony" with the open space on SD. Sorry, but Central Park on the Oasis is downright scary. I remember Captain T's joke about the "gang wars" in the neigborhoods on the Oasis . . . my family should be heading over to Jost about right now. Wonder what the consumption of Painkillers will be today.:rolleyes:

Yikes! All I could think about looking at those pictures is how long the lines must be to do anything. Thank goodness there are other options out there for those of us who hate long lines, formal nights, screaming kids, being hurded like cattle, eating with people we don't want, etc.

Wait a minute everyone. You shouldn't judge until you try. That's why next year I'm booked on my first SeaDream cruise and a cruise on the Allure of the Seas (Oasis's still-being-built newer sister). I expect to enjoy myself on both, but time will tell.

Wait a minute everyone. You shouldn't judge until you try. That's why next year I'm booked on my first SeaDream cruise and a cruise on the Allure of the Seas (Oasis's still-being-built newer sister). I expect to enjoy myself on both, but time will tell.

Aren't we lucky to have so many options.

As I have said many times, in real life and on CC, aren't we lucky to have so many options depending on our vacation wants and desires:D

I know you will enjoy your vacation on both flag fan and I know that they will be different experiences:p

Aren't we lucky to have so many options.

As I have said many times, in real life and on CC, aren't we lucky to have so many options depending on our vacation wants and desires:D

I know you will enjoy your vacation on both flag fan and I know that they will be different experiences:p

I couldn't agree with you more--the more choices available the better for everyone.

When I first saw the pics of the interior of the ship it looked like the Opryland hotel in Nashville . Let's all book a short trip on the new Norwegian Epic just to go into the "ice bar" and chill out !!!:p Now that's a cool cruise to take !!!

DJ's DH will buy the first round as long as we can do the vodka luge:)

I couldn't agree with you more--the more choices available the better for everyone.

:D

Great photo dag!

One lifeboat on Oasis would hold a full passenger load and all crew and still have open seats!!

Zqvol ... is DS now posting on CC? Is he doing a review on your current cruise? Are you?

I'll do a short review when we get home. Not much to say about this trip.

Archived