Cabin safes on the "O"

KAYEF

:confused: I can't remember if the safes on the "O" use a credit card or we punch in a code.............can someone please help me on this one?

Thanks!

Just a couple of days and.............off we go!:D

We were on the Oosterdam in November. The safes require a 4-digit code to push into the keypad.

Have a great cruise. The "O" is our favorite HAL ship! Wish we were going, too! :D

Thanks so much. The last time I was on her was for 23 nights........heaven!:) I love that ship.

I told my grandson about how I would get into a glass elevator just as the sun was sinking "into the sea" and watch, and now I get to take him so HE can do the same.

I seem to remember being so disappointed on all the other ships I've been on because I had to use a CC to open; with a code you don't have to have the other person/card with you.

Come join us! Bet you'd get a good price at this LATE DATE.:D

Thanks so much. The last time I was on her was for 23 nights........heaven!:) I love that ship.

I told my grandson about how I would get into a glass elevator just as the sun was sinking "into the sea" and watch, and now I get to take him so HE can do the same.

I seem to remember being so disappointed on all the other ships I've been on because I had to use a CC to open; with a code you don't have to have the other person/card with you.

Come join us! Bet you'd get a good price at this LATE DATE.:D

Wish I could, but we have a trans-Atlantic next month on Princess, and then we are on the Westerdam for the Scottish Serenade cruise in August. We will be booking something on the "O" again in 2011 for sure. We are already lookinginto next year's schedule.

We had another cruise scheduled in October on the Maasdam, but had to cancel that one. :( A family member scheduled his wedding for the same time frame - can you believe?? (Just kidding, of course...;)) Well - actually, the bride had more to do with scheduling the wedding than he did, but we love them both, so it's all good!

Have a fabulous cruise and if Toto is still in the MDR - try to sit in his area. He was fabulous. We also enjoyed Boozee in the bar across from the Pinnacle, and had a blast with Ran down in the Atrium bar. He does some great magic tricks. Bon Voyage and have drink for me on board! :D

Check in when you get back & let me know everything!! I'm so-o jealous!!

Question regarding the 4 digit safe codes..... What happens if you set the code and then forget about it until let's say today and your cruise was... let's say 7 February? And you forgot all about it and the safe was still locked with your personal 4 digit code when you disembarked:eek:? But was empty when you locked it.

I hope there was/is a way they can clear it and gain access to the one that was in our Westerdam stateroom!!!! I had to lock the safe one morning due to the ships rockin and rolling all night long and the door of the safe banging into the closet door... And until this thread, I forgot about it....OOPS

Joanie

Yes, Joanie, a supervisor can come in and unlock the safe. The cabin steward cannot do it.

When I lock the safe to keep the door from slamming I always put something important on the shelf next to it. That's a reminder to me to reopen the safe when I take my things.

So far, so good.

Yes, Joanie, a supervisor can come in and unlock the safe. The cabin steward cannot do it.

When I lock the safe to keep the door from slamming I always put something important on the shelf next to it. That's a reminder to me to reopen the safe when I take my things.

So far, so good.

Thank you Ruth for alleviating my mind on that! BTW I did place my empty purse beside the safe so I would remember... but....

Joanie

Archived