Curfew for kids on CCL

Scootch

I know that RCCL has a curfew...does CCL?

I would like to tell my 17 yr old before his grand dilutions begin. :D:D

He is usually as tired as we are are in bed by 11:00, but this year he is taking a friend!!

Thanks

He is usually as tired as we are are in bed by 11:00, but this year he is taking a friend!!

Thanks

They do not

They don't.

If he joins in the kids programs they have acticities that last way after 11 PM. I just gave my son a curfew when we went (and will do so again) and he made it back to the room on time every night. I started out at 10 PM the first night and increased each night but 15 - 30 minutes. If he was late one night I told him that he was back to day one...

Thanks

Since you're footing the bill for the cruise, CCL has a curfew if you say so;), parental unit & all you call the shots on land or sea (i'm on my 3rd go-around with raising a 17 yo son lol). Have fun, im sure the boys will have a great time exploring the ship.

Since you're footing the bill for the cruise, CCL has a curfew if you say so;), parental unit & all you call the shots on land or sea (i'm on my 3rd go-around with raising a 17 yo son lol). Have fun, im sure the boys will have a great time exploring the ship.

I don't see them joining in any of the teen events....my son is pretty much a self doer. I see them playing golf, just walking around checking things out. I think midnight is late enough for them. They will probably be so tired from the days events and the hot sun that they will be sleeping by midnight. :)

Thanks

No Cerfew. This ship will be buzzing until the wee hours at least, I have seen many the all nighter teenager groggy at breakfast the next morning. Do you have a balcony room? Just bring some chain and shackle him to the railing.:)

Thanks

We raised 6 kids...OF COURSE there is a curfew, YOURS!. You are the parent and curfews are PARENT rules and not the responsibility of the town, the cruise line etc. A 17 year old is a minor and if he is not ready to accept the household rules (that also apply outside the household) he is not mature enough to be an adult.

....."It takes a village to raise a child??" WRONG - it's your parental responsibility. Look around, the village idea that has become widespread over the last 20 years is really not working....

Thanks

Ok, I am confused with this one! Who is the parent and in charge?? It is YOUR responsiblity to set the rules and guidelines for YOUR child, not the cruise line.

Sue

Have always had a curfew for my kids - same as we had at home. Sometimes dd would ask to stay out later - she always knew where to find us to ask - we would then let her, if she was with a group or activity. If she broke curfew (it has happened once in 8 CCL cruises) the next night she had to come in 1/2 hour earlier. I actually think she appreciated the curfew, as it got her out of some uncomfortable (drinking) situations - she just said it was her curfew time, and away she went!

How did this thread turn into a referendum on parental responsibility? The OP never said she was letting the kids run wild and hope for the best. She just wanted to know if the ship has a set of curfews she should know about.

My kid is not a big activities joiner, but he likes to run down to the buffet to get a pizza slice at midnight. He comes right back. I'm fine with that and would want to know if this is an issue with ship curfews.

It's not -- Carnival doesn't have curfews and our RC ship didn't either. But it's a legitimate question for the poster.

I did not set a curfew because I am the parent and did not feel I needed to! With that said... my son always beat me and my husband to bed. He knew where to find us and checked in fairly often, as did all the other teens we had in our group. Had no problems! Now if they had not checked in when they were suppose to... then we would have went with a curfew. We'll be doing the same on our upcoming cruise as well.

We raised 6 kids...OF COURSE there is a curfew, YOURS!. You are the parent and curfews are PARENT rules and not the responsibility of the town, the cruise line etc. A 17 year old is a minor and if he is not ready to accept the household rules (that also apply outside the household) he is not mature enough to be an adult.

....."It takes a village to raise a child??" WRONG - it's your parental responsibility. Look around, the village idea that has become widespread over the last 20 years is really not working....

ditto!:)

I dislike the village elders as well!

How did this thread turn into a referendum on parental responsibility? The OP never said she was letting the kids run wild and hope for the best. She just wanted to know if the ship has a set of curfews she should know about.

My kid is not a big activities joiner, but he likes to run down to the buffet to get a pizza slice at midnight. He comes right back. I'm fine with that and would want to know if this is an issue with ship curfews.

It's not -- Carnival doesn't have curfews and our RC ship didn't either. But it's a legitimate question for the poster.

Everything here always turns into a foroum on bad parenting...usually a bad mother:rolleyes:

But I am with you...a quick run for pizza...and back to the cabin for lights out and a good sleep in order to do another great day:)

Originally Posted by chrislynnet viewpost.gif

For those of you who read the thread and answered the question, thank you. :)

For those of you who chose to chastise instead of answering a basic question........

Happy sailing

Archived