High Tea Solstice?

Slyfox16

Does anyone know if they still have High Tea of the Solstice and what it is like?

They have afternoon tea in the buffet restaurant every day...but there is a high tea on the last sea day, for elite captain's club members only, in the main dining room.

Virginia

I really would not call it "afternoon tea" in the buffet as on some other ships like HAL. They just put out a number of small sandwiches, pastry, and fruit in a section of the buffet. No one is serving tea. Really just an assortment of afternoon snacks.

As for the Elite tea, they require Elite passengers to be a bit dressed up. So I never go.

Does anyone know if they still have High Tea of the Solstice and what it is like?

Just returned from Solstice's sister ship, The Equinox.

On our last Sea Day High Tea was held in the main dining room as well as the Tuscan Grille for elite guests.

It was very enjoyable.

Mari

Sailed Constellation '08 and High Tea was offered in Main Dining Room for anyone interested.

Guess I am out of luck since I am not Elite. :(

Sorry,

I should re-phrase:

Last Sea Day

4:00 ~ 5:00P

Main Dining Room High Tea for everyone

Tuscan Grille High Tea for Elite.

Hope that helps.

Mari

Celebrity's tea for Elite members is called Elegant Tea. They expect smart casual attire and it's usually held on a sea day at about 3 to 4PM. I have also seen it held for everyone in the main dining room.

High Tea is actually served at dinner (not on the ship). Afternoon tea is probably what most people are thinking of. It's not a true tea, but they do serve sandwiches and pastries in the buffet. They do have tea if you ask.

Celebrity's tea for Elite members is called Elegant Tea. They expect smart casual attire and it's usually held on a sea day at about 3 to 4PM. I have also seen it held for everyone in the main dining room.

High Tea is actually served at dinner (not on the ship). Afternoon tea is probably what most people are thinking of. It's not a true tea, but they do serve sandwiches and pastries in the buffet. They do have tea if you ask.

Thank you--I was about to mention the same thing

On Solstice, the Elegant Tea was held in the Tuscan Grill & was very lovely--you could really appreciate the colors, glass vases & decor in the room with all the sunlght streaming in... The only downside was they seated everyone with the group they came in with.. so not much mixing or mingling...

Looking at my dailies:

Sunday March 7th:

Elite Private Elegant Tea 3:00P at Tuscan Grille

Smart Casual and above attire.

And

Silhouette Dining Room

Elegant Tea

4:00 ~ 5:00P

Mari

Archived