Updated S-Class Cabin Spreadsheet is Here!

librarylady19

Here is the update to Mysticks spreadsheet. I have also posted this link on the Solstice cabin sticky. It includes threads posted from October 27, 2009 to the present. (I still have a few pages of posts from fall 2009 to add but wanted to get this out to those who were waiting).

Generally, I have followed the design created by Mysticks - why mess with success. Modifications include:

Addition of ship name when provided (please do so in future posts)

Deck listed by # rather than name, for space purposes

Negative comments that affect the desirability of the cabin have been noted in red, boldface. Comments on other ship issues etc. are generally not noted in red as they are not strictly cabin-related.

Whenever comments are long, there is a reference to "see comments" and these have been posted in the "Problems/Comments" column.

The spreadsheet is formatted for landscape, legal size (it was too difficult to try to fit all the valuable comments into a smaller format).

Please let me know if you see any errors or omissions. I will be updating the spreadsheet regularly. You may email me at cruisefansandi@gmail.com

I hope many of you find this useful; I know that Mysticks original spreadsheet has been very helpful to me as has CC in general. Cheers!:o

S-Class Cabins.pdf

To clarify - the new S Cabin spreadsheet DOES NOT include any of the information in Mysticks original Solstice Cabin spreadsheet. It was too time consuming to try to cut & paste from her pdf file so I just started my own Excel file which I converted to a pdf. If anyone does know of an easy way to convert pdf to Excel, please enlighten me!!

Great work, Sandi!

It makes it so easy to check if a particular cabin is listed.

One note: on the bottom of page 9 and top of page 10, cabins 2128, 2134, 2144 and 2148 are listed as being on Deck 10. Actually, I think they are on Deck 12 -Resort (if I'm counting decks correctly)

Again, Thanks for doing the heavy lifting!! :)

Rich

Librarylady, thank you for taking on this chore:)! Hopefully, it's a case where Mysticks just got burnt out on it and gave up, and not because of ill fortune. If she just decided to walk away, it would have been nice if she would have at least posted her "resignation", but sometimes when you're done, you're done, and you simply cannot bring yourself to do even that. It's understandable if that's what happened.

In any case, Mysticks, if you come across this post, thanks from all of us for all your hard work, and we hope you're well!

Thanks for all of your efforts. We are usually Princess cruisers, and we're ready to book our first Celebrity cruise--the Oct. 31st TA on Eclipse. We were totally in the dark on cabin choices, and you've made our job so much easier. I'll be poring over the spreadsheets today to make our final decision. I'll probably be making my own spreadsheet from your results. Now, if the cabins we want are still available, we'll be all set!

Here is the update to Mysticks spreadsheet. I have also posted this link on the Solstice cabin sticky. It includes threads posted from October 27, 2009 to the present. (I still have a few pages of posts from fall 2009 to add but wanted to get this out to those who were waiting).

Generally, I have followed the design created by Mysticks - why mess with success. Modifications include:

Addition of ship name when provided (please do so in future posts)

Deck listed by # rather than name, for space purposes

Negative comments that affect the desirability of the cabin have been noted in red, boldface. Comments on other ship issues etc. are generally not noted in red as they are not strictly cabin-related.

Whenever comments are long, there is a reference to "see comments" and these have been posted in the "Problems/Comments" column.

The spreadsheet is formatted for landscape, legal size (it was too difficult to try to fit all the valuable comments into a smaller format).

Please let me know if you see any errors or omissions. I will be updating the spreadsheet regularly. You may email me at cruisefansandi@gmail.com

I hope many of you find this useful; I know that Mysticks original spreadsheet has been very helpful to me as has CC in general. Cheers!:o

Thanks Sandi and Janet (for for taking the time to post a critique). Connie and I have been waiting patiently for our cabin to appear in the spreadsheet. Thanks again.

Jake

Great work, Sandi!

It makes it so easy to check if a particular cabin is listed.

One note: on the bottom of page 9 and top of page 10, cabins 2128, 2134, 2144 and 2148 are listed as being on Deck 10. Actually, I think they are on Deck 12 -Resort (if I'm counting decks correctly)

Again, Thanks for doing the heavy lifting!! :)

Rich

Thanks Rich; I've made the correction! Will issue an update once I get the missing months (Sept. & Oct. 09) added.

• 4 months later...
To clarify - the new S Cabin spreadsheet DOES NOT include any of the information in Mysticks original Solstice Cabin spreadsheet. It was too time consuming to try to cut & paste from her pdf file so I just started my own Excel file which I converted to a pdf. If anyone does know of an easy way to convert pdf to Excel, please enlighten me!!

Hi librarylady - here's a link to an converter - I haven't personally tried it but it looks like it will do what you want.:)