ideas for little kids evening dress

mttwinmom

I know there is a lot of discussion about what adults wear for dinner, but I'm curious about what people have seen little people wearing. I'm booked on the Epic next September, bringing my 4 yr old twins. I'm just interested in finding out peoples observations. Do lttle boys ever wear suits/ tux's. I would like to dress them up a few of the evenings, just don't want them to feel out of place. They both like the whole dress-up thing so it isn't going to to a struggle on our part.

I have seen little boys in dress slacks & nice shirts, but I don't recall seeing suits. They might want to wear suits for the family pictures taken at Dress up or not Night. If they like to dress up-------go for it. They will not be out of place.

Barb

If they are cmnfortable and want to wear a suit or tux, I say go for it! My son (now 26, used to love to dress up and wear shirts and ties and suit coats). Our babies grow up so fast that we need to enjoy them while they are young and enjoy the little things that they do! Besides, think of all the fun you would have taunting them with their 'tux' photos when they get to be teenagers!:):)

I think caring what others are wearing or doing is something developed with age - if a kid is comfortable, they're happy running around in whatever you'll let them wear, like a pirate costume, or tights and a towel tied like cape... :)

If your boys like dressing up, go for it and enjoy it while you can!! :p

I know there is a lot of discussion about what adults wear for dinner, but I'm curious about what people have seen little people wearing. I'm booked on the Epic next September, bringing my 4 yr old twins. I'm just interested in finding out peoples observations. Do lttle boys ever wear suits/ tux's. I would like to dress them up a few of the evenings, just don't want them to feel out of place. They both like the whole dress-up thing so it isn't going to to a struggle on our part.

They would not be out of place in a suit on formal night or any other night for that matter. We cruised with my grandson when he was six months old and he had a tux one night and a white captains suit with a captains hat another night. He looked adorable and we got some fabulous pictures!

Even on NCL there are people who still like to dress up every night and those that go to dinner in a pair of Dockers and a nice shirt.

I say dress them up while you still can, they'll look adorable, and you too will get some great pictures!

Happy sailing!

Sure they could wear a suit if you want.

They would also look charming with nice slacks and a button down blue shirt, or something similar. Cost would be less and they would be more comfortable and nobody would get upset when the chocolate ice cream runs down the front. LOL!

grandma's coming on the cruise too!

What's she gonna wear? :)

I know you didn't mention the money thing but FWIW, I went with a friend from work to a "Once Upon a Child" store and she got some excellent clothing that had never been worn, it's a gently used children's store but there are never used items in there too. There were very dressy items perhaps received as a gift and never used? My kids are grown but I know I gave away plenty of clothing that was good as new or new when they were small. I wish I had that option, or knew of it anyway. I accepted hand-me-downs from friends :cool:

My DS wore a white tux when he was 9 to dinner. He was the hit of the dining room. Everyone thought he looked adorable. That was the only time after that he would only wear a shirt and tie and slacks. Now its jeans and collared polo shirt. He also has been wearing nice shorts to dinner with collared polo shirts. That was on NCL and Carnival.

Archived