Secret Door!

lilbuddy

I read it somewhere, but now I have forgotten........can anyone tell me, exactly, where the "Secret Door" is, on the Ruby?

I'm thinking you are talking about the secret door that leads to a deck over the bridge? If so, you go up to the Lido deck, which is the same deck as the pool. Go all the way forward, either side. You will see a door that leads out to another door. It can sometimes be hard to open because of the wind. Then up a few steps and you are on a deck on top of the bridge. This is a great place to be during sailaway. Although, they eventually lock these doors when in open waters. It's way to windy on open sea and can be very dangerous. But, they are open right at sailaway for awhile. Hope this helps.

It is on Deck 15 on the Ruby. I made it my mission to figure out where it was when I sailed last week...the door is certainly marked crew only - but people were out there. Just go behind the bar or the burger place and past all the cabins toward the front of the ship and you'll see the door. People were always out there when we were coming into or leaving a port. I never saw anybody getting in trouble for being out there.

Edited by kt0331
misspelled a word

I'm thinking you are talking about the secret door that leads to a deck over the bridge? If so, you go up to the Lido deck, which is the same deck as the pool. Go all the way forward, either side. You will see a door that leads out to another door. It can sometimes be hard to open because of the wind. Then up a few steps and you are on a deck on top of the bridge. This is a great place to be during sailaway. Although, they eventually lock these doors when in open waters. It's way to windy on open sea and can be very dangerous. But, they are open right at sailaway for awhile. Hope this helps.

Just an FYI if it is to windy they lock the door

Is there a secret door on the Golden or is it just on this ship? Seems like a great place to be during the sailing out of the port.

No door on the Golden/Star/Grand/Sapphire/Diamond to get to the bridge wings. Just go forward on Sun deck and you'll find some steps and you'll be there! It's an extraordinary place to take pictures and enjoy a drink at sailaway...

We are going on the Sea Princess shortly. Are there any 'secret doors' there?

Seem to remember somebody saying that there was also a nice quiet area to sit on sun loungers that was not near the pool. Can anybody remind me where that was. (Not the Sanctuary!)

Hope somebody can help. Thanks

We are going on the Sea Princess shortly. Are there any 'secret doors' there?

Seem to remember somebody saying that there was also a nice quiet area to sit on sun loungers that was not near the pool. Can anybody remind me where that was. (Not the Sanctuary!)

Hope somebody can help. Thanks

Yes, it's on Aloha deck aft. Go aft on the Aloha deck past the cabins and go out the doors. Or go aft on Riviera deck, past the aft pool and you'll find some stairs that will take you there. Very nice place to sunbathe and watch the wake.

I just got off the Crown on Saturday. The secret doors (there are two sets) are exactly as detailed, all the way forward on the Lido Deck. I saw someone up there as we sailed out of FLL, but I wasn't up there then. I checked the doors a number of times -- in port and away -- and never found them unlocked anytime during the seven days of my cruise. There is no "crew only" sign, but they did pull a yellow canvass tape (I think it said "Closed due to high winds") across that second door, and keep the second door locked.

Maybe it's just me but if I see a door marked "crew only" then I dont go through it!

I'm with you on that one. The one time I go through that marked door, would be the time they're checking folks, and I'd be sent to the "naughty" room!

Although I would love to go up there and wondered how people got up there when we were on the Crown. I was happy when I figured out how to get on the helipad on Brilliance of the Seas going through the first set of Panama Canal locks. Any helipads on Ruby Princess?

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who felt obeying the rules was the right thing to do. If it says crew only, then passengers should stay out! I wonder how many who vilolate these rules would object if we went into their employees only or private areas in their work space. Years ago on Carnival [yes, dif line but same corp] a family was warned if they could not keep their teenagers out of crew spaces, they would be put off the ship. Their girls kept going thru crew only doors to crew lounge, pool, helo deck etc.

I'm with you on that one. The one time I go through that marked door, would be the time they're checking folks, and I'd be sent to the "naughty" room!

Although I would love to go up there and wondered how people got up there when we were on the Crown. I was happy when I figured out how to get on the helipad on Brilliance of the Seas going through the first set of Panama Canal locks. Any helipads on Ruby Princess?

No helipads on any Princess ship...:(

Thanks RickEk. I appreciate that. :)

S'allright!

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who felt obeying the rules was the right thing to do. If it says crew only, then passengers should stay out! I wonder how many who vilolate these rules would object if we went into their employees only or private areas in their work space. Years ago on Carnival [yes, dif line but same corp] a family was warned if they could not keep their teenagers out of crew spaces, they would be put off the ship. Their girls kept going thru crew only doors to crew lounge, pool, helo deck etc.

Well, as far as I know, the doors to the bridge wings on the Caribbean/Crown/Emerald/Ruby are accessible by passengers. No restrictions unless it's too windy out there and then they may lock them (or, I guess, possibly post a "Crew Only" sign). But for sailaway, they should be open. :)

• 9 months later...