Maybe an odd question....

Hello everyone!

I'm going on my first cruise in May, doing the seven islands in seven days thing on Victory. My question is this.... my hair is natural curly, which turns to naturally frizzy with lots of humidity. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good anti-frizz product? I will probably have it in a ponytail/wad more often than not, but still. I don't want to look like I stuck my finger in an outlet. (Anyone remember the episode of friends where Monica went to Barbados and got the frizz? Wow.)

Thanks!:D

Hello everyone!

I'm going on my first cruise in May, doing the seven islands in seven days thing on Victory. My question is this.... my hair is natural curly, which turns to naturally frizzy with lots of humidity. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good anti-frizz product? I will probably have it in a ponytail/wad more often than not, but still. I don't want to look like I stuck my finger in an outlet. (Anyone remember the episode of friends where Monica went to Barbados and got the frizz? Wow.)

Oh wow:eek:...I do remember that episode! Does your hair get that way?

It doesn't get that bad, but it's enough to irritate me.

I'm glad you caught the reference. My 21-year-old daughter says everything in life has a Friends reference. Go figure.

LOL....I have to tell you when the show was on in the regular

time (all those years ago) I actually NEVER watched it:rolleyes::eek:

But after it went into syndication? Now I have seen every episode,

probably 2 or 3 times each:D

That episode, along with so many others was hysterical!

I'm so sorry I don't have a remedy for you, my hair is the opposite, straight, flat and goes absolutely limp with the slightest amount of moisture in the air :o.

Hello everyone!

LOL!! Forgot about that one! Too funny! Try Silk by Farouk. It is a silicone type smoother. Just need a few drops and work through slightly damp or dry hair. Works on my frizz and they sell it at CVS. The John Frieda products work well also.

I have crazy hair problems. My hair is very fine and thin, but a little naturally curly. To control the frizzies, I have used Ojon Shine and Protect Glossing Mist. It can go on light enough not to weigh my hair down. There is also a product that comes in an orange tube that I think is by Matrix. It is supposed to be a straigtening cream, but I have also used it sparingly just to get the frizzies to stay down when my hair wants to curl. Then Suave makes a cheaper version. I cannot find the Suave version any more, but if you can find it- get some.

As to the Ojon product, I got it from Sephora and it is very small container great for taking on a cruise. I can't recall if Ulta sells Ojon, but they might.

Hello everyone!

Hi,

I have naturally curly hair that is shoulder length and yes, I have the exact same problem as the Monica character on Friends.

This is how I deal with it:

1. I use a good quality shampoo and conditioner in the shower.

2. After towel drying I place more conditioner and work through all my hair with my fingers to get out any tangles...I never brush my hair because it causes more frizz. I don't rinse the conditioner out.

3. Then I blow dry with a diffuser while bent forward so my hair hangs down. I leave it slightly damp on the ends.

4. Shake it out and voila soft, no frizz curls!

Hope this helps. Have a great cruise.

My curly hair gets frizzy at home, especially with the crazy weather we have but it's never frizzed on a cruise. The air is just right I guess, creates perfectly groomed curls with no frizz. Just wash and go, no gels or creams needed. So you might hold off on apply much until you see how the ocean air will affect your curls.

My DD has hair that is impossible to control when it comes to frizz. The only thing that works great fer her is TIGI Bed Head. It is around $20 a bottle and you can buy it at most hair salons. It is amazing! You can put it in wet or dry hair and it does not leave any oily residue. I love it and it smells great! Good luck and happy cruising! :)

Archived