Port arrival time?

8esther8

I'm sailing on the Carnival Destiny in July. The itinerary states that we'll be in port in the Cayman Islands at 8:00am. Does the ship usually arrive earlier than the stated time, and can that be counted on? I'm looking at booking an early excursion on my own.

Grand Cayman -- tender port.

Do no book early excursions.

The ships tours will have priority for the tenders. Once they are taken care -- then the other passengers can tender ashore.

And you will probably have to report to a lounge somewhere to get a tender ticket thus you can't leave until your number is called.

Best to not book anything before 9:00am; it is doubtful the ship would clear early. Most likely people will be allowed to start tendering off somewhere between 8:00-8:15am. The first couple of tenders likely will be reserved for people doing excursions through the ship, suites etc. Also, make sure the company you book the excursion with will not charge you if you miss the port; Grand Cayman is a port that ships sometimes have to skip because the water is too choppy for safely tendering passengers to shore.

Archived