Passport Help

Elayne01

Hi everyone ... I need your help please….On 4/4/2010 I will be going on a 7-Day Southern Caribbean Cruise on Princess Caribbean and I have applied for my passport, I am hoping that I get it in time.

**If it is not back in time I would like to know if I need my passport at any of the ports.

I am porting out of San Juan and will be going to the following ports: St. Thomas, Tortola, Antigua, St. Lucia & Barbados

I would like to know if I need my passport at any of the ports.

I am porting out of San Juan and will be going to the following ports:

St. Thomas, Tortola,Antigua, St. Lucia & Barbados

No, you'll go ashore Carte Blanche on the strength of your cruise-card/cabin-key thingy

but it wouldn't hurt to also go ashore with one additional piece of photo I.D.

-some Pier Security officers need to see photo ID as well as your card

in order to let you back into the secure pier area

when you want to get back on the ship.

If you don't have a valid passport you'll need a certified birth certificate and government issued photo id, e.g. driver's license. A certified birth certificate is not the one your parents received from the hospital. It is typically issued by the state or county in which you were born and bears a seal, often raised.

If you do not have a passport or birth certificate and photo id then it is very unlikely that you will be allowed to board the ship.

You will need to take photo id (passport or driver's license) and your cabin key card ashore. Security at all ports I've visited in the last few years have required presentation of both items to regain entrance to the cruise terminal.

Security at all ports I've visited in the last few years

have required presentation of both items to regain entrance to the cruise terminal.

And I have experienced almost the opposite!

It's strange, and there's no real consistency, but then again this is Life in the West Indies! :D

One gets the impression that the Security guys have a pretty good idea who's legit, just by looking at us.

You look like a tourist, you have a card, you're in.

Nevertheless, carry photo I.D.

because you never know if he'll be in a grumpy mood or working-to-rule, that day ;)

I routinely carry both the cruise-card and my (Barbados)National Identification card.

No-one's going to hold me up from getting back on board my ship!

WElcome-41.jpg

@broberts...I am a US Citizen I have all my docs and also doubled checked with Princess and certified birth certificate and government issued photo ID/Driver's license are fine to check-in, I also have a Temporary (EDL) Enhanced Driver License, but I hope to get my passport in time. I am so ready 18 days to go and counting. Thank you all for your help.

@Aplmac...LOL...that is so funny:) but I know true, the same here in Georgia. I do not want to see any grumpy workers...all I want to see is the Sun and the Beautiful Beaches

I will be sure to carry photo I.D.

Archived