Just off the Grand

jnc411

Hello all: We just got home from a lovely cruise on the Grand. I posted a review on the reviews board, should be up for reading in a couple days. In short , we had a great time. Were very happy with the Grand, our stateroom (mini suite) the crew , entertainment and food. No complaints. Put a few words regarding each port, and what we did, what we liked and would recommend and not recommend , strictly our personal views. If you are interested check the reviews board in a couple days, it should be processed and up by then. This was our 6th cruise with Princess and our 13th cruise in total, most of our cruises have been 14 days or more , like this one was. There was a large group of CC members on board , we were able to attend one of the meetings , it was fun to put faces to internet names. As usual CC members we met were nice and interesting people. You will probably find reviews from some of them also posted soon. Happy cruising

Cori

Looking forward to reading your review Cori. It will be our first cruise in July and just wondered what the sanctuary is like, did you use beds there, is it worth the money. Your views appreciated

Sharron

Hi , we went to the pool area at the Sanctuary , but did not use the Sanctuary itself. Our cabin was aft area and Sanctuary is forward , so for us it did not work out, We used the covered pool and the aft pool, and both have the regular lounges, which we find quite comfortable. However I must say that at times the lounges near the pool areas were at a premium and we had to go up a deck or two to get a lounge available. As usual there were "chair hogs " on board. But did not bother us to much. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Cori

Cori, thanks for the 'heads up'! :) Looking forward to reading your review!! :D

We board the Grand on April 9 for a 15 day Transatlantic from FLL to Dover UK! Our first sailing on Princess.. Looking forward to it!! :p

We were on the 1/15/10 Caribbean Collection on the Grand so will be interested in your review. We certainly enjoyed the ship, the crew and the service. We found it a bit port intensive but knew that to be the case when we booked, would we do it again....you bet we would.:)

Hello all: We just got home from a lovely cruise on the Grand. I posted a review on the reviews board, should be up for reading in a couple days. In short , we had a great time. Were very happy with the Grand, our stateroom (mini suite) the crew , entertainment and food. No complaints. Put a few words regarding each port, and what we did, what we liked and would recommend and not recommend , strictly our personal views. If you are interested check the reviews board in a couple days, it should be processed and up by then. This was our 6th cruise with Princess and our 13th cruise in total, most of our cruises have been 14 days or more , like this one was. There was a large group of CC members on board , we were able to attend one of the meetings , it was fun to put faces to internet names. As usual CC members we met were nice and interesting people. You will probably find reviews from some of them also posted soon. Happy cruising

Cori

We were on the same cruise with Cori and I agree it was a great cruise.

A recommendation for anyone looking for an excursion on St. Vincent ... I posted a trip on CC for the Baleine Tour and had no trouble getting the 12 person minimum. Everyone on this excursion I talked to afterward agreed it had been the highlight of the entire trip. (baleinetours@hotmail.com). Excursion was $80 including good lunch (fish & chicken choices were both very good, one person had the pork and didn't like it). FAST & FUN speedboat (bumpy ride might be uncomfortable if you have painful back problems). Got to swim in a waterfall, visited the movie set of Port Royale from Pirates of the Caribbean, GREAT snorkeling, etc, etc, etc, PLUS plenty of rum punch.

Molly

Hi Cori from Lakewood glad you enjoyed the Grand. Will look for the review.

We like the Grand and wish she would start sailing out of Galveston again. Much shorter plane ride for us.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Also to Hula dancer, yes we were sorry would were not able to go on the St Vincent tour with the CC group. Health reasons prevented that, we heard only good things about the tour.

putterdude and stlrboo, hope you enjoy the review. I try to be as honest and forthright as possible, might sound like a Princess cheerleader this time , but really just enjoyed the cruise. Also I agree , it was a bit port intensive ,but we also knew that at booking , so can't complain :) Hope some other CC members post reviews also, would like to read them as well.

Cori

Archived