No Room Steward Wanted

LeeKay

We are going on Majesty in June and we would prefer that no one came into our room during are cruise. We are somewhat paranoid about strangers in our room while we are out. I know that is the room stewards job and I'm sure 99% of them are honest hard working people. How would we go about this and would we be hurting anyones feelings by doing this?

Your room steward is the person who cleans your room, gives you fresh towels, etc. So you don't want your room cleaned or clean towels for the week? Sorry but my first reaction was , ewwwww! Sorry, these are hard working honest people. They would be thrown off at the next port if they weren't.

I am sure this can be done just by asking the steward. I would also tell his boss why you are doing this so that your room doesn't look like he is slacking.

Just remember that your tips are his pay.

Your room steward is the person who cleans your room, gives you fresh towels, etc. So you don't want your room cleaned or clean towels for the week? Sorry but my first reaction was , ewwwww! Sorry, these are hard working honest people. They would be thrown off at the next port if they weren't.

Looks like they are going on Majesty so it might just be 3 or 4 nights max. But yeah, I'm still with ya.

First, I corrected the spelling problem, stuart...steward, you knew what I ment. Anyway, its only a 3 day cruise and we can cleanup ourselves. I wondered if the do not distub sign would work.

Do not fear. To most of them this is an honored profession. They support families in far flung countries across the world, working long hours.A prized job. I have seen some of them on Celebrity over 15 yrs. Your only fear should be the professional pickpockets on shore. Your cabin will have a personal safe. Keep your cash in the safe onboard and in moneybelt worn under clothes on shore and all will be well.

First, I corrected the spelling problem, stuart...steward, you knew what I ment. Anyway, its only a 3 day cruise and we can cleanup ourselves. I wondered if the do not distub sign would work.

Just hope you don't get a plumbing problem or you could be in trouble;), also NO clean towels for 3 days:eek::eek:

A lot of people come on this board to complain, but I can't ever recall someone coming on here and saying that they have had anything taken from their room. I think the stewards have too much to do to take the time to go through our stuff, and they also know that if they were to get caught, they'd be thrown off the ship and their careers would be ruined, thus ruining their ability to support their family.

You're not in a cheap motel in Columbus. You're on a cruise ship.

I suppose the Do Not Disturb sign would be your friend. What do you do if you go to a hotel?

hello. i think it may also be a safety issue, unless you manage to see your steward occasionally..?-if there is always a dnd sign, AND they are not to enter..they cannot be sure everyone is safe/healthy/unharmed?..

I'm somewhat sceptical about advice that the steward can be told not to enter the room the entire cruise. The steward might tell security that there are some passengers who do not want any room cleaning or anyone in the room the entire cruise.

That might raise some possible red flags. The OP says he is paranoid. I bet security would be paranoid too about a room no ship's personnel are allowed to enter for the entire cruise.

I can imagine in the small print of the cruise contract somewhere there is a passage in tiny print that says the ship's staff reserves the right to enter passengers' cabins on an "as needed" basis.

To each their own but I would tell the steward and their supervisor....as sometimes the supervisors check their work...

We did this on our b2b-not having NO service, but having limited service on some days as my mom stayed in the cabin the majority of the time...(sometimes she just didn't feel like getting into her wheelchair..)

The cabin attendant came in probably 1 time a day as opposed to twice, and sometimes all we needed was ice, trash and towels...both the attendants would still try to do more, but we really didn't care as long as we had our trash emptied, fresh towels and a full ice bucket. (We did get an animal...some really cute and different ones too-every night..)

I wouldn't go an entire cruise with NO service...but we were fine with occasional light cleanings (and of course some days we had the whole deal!)....

I think that sometimes, the cabin attendant thought they weren't doing enough-to the contrary, it was perfect...we did tell the supervisor though that we didn't always need the full cleaning and that we were really OK-and to please not worry about us....

As for not wanting people in the cabin and being paranoid...well......I don't think you have to worry....

enjoy your cruise.

Just hope you don't get a plumbing problem or you could be in trouble;), also NO clean towels for 3 days:eek::eek:

I'm pretty sure a plumbing problem would be attended to. How often do you launder your towels at home? Maybe I'm weird, but once a week is enough for our shower towels.

While I don't mind re-using my towels a time or two at home (we're CLEAN, after all!), they don't dry in those teeny bathrooms.....a clean towel every day is a MUST on vacation!

And I want clean sheets at least every other day....this is WHY I vacation...so I don't have to do this "house-keeping" stuff!

Let the attendant in you cabin...it's all good, and it will be ok...unless you have something to hide!

And I want clean sheets at least every other day....this is WHY I vacation...so I don't have to do this "house-keeping" stuff!

Let the attendant in you cabin...it's all good, and it will be ok...unless you have something to hide!

I didn't get the impression that they cleaned the sheets that often. Is it that frequent?

Archived