Booking for 2011 .. too early?

TOSailors

Talked to my travel agent today about potentially booking a cruise in Feb 2011. When my agent called and the PG person said any cabin on deck 7 was available. My agent was a little taken back and both of us are wondering if we are too early or are bookings seriously lagging.

On this forum cruisers have posted that two cruises in feb left with 50% to 70% of capacity. We are experience cruisers (over 25) and can not remember any cruises that were that empty. Is this a concern? financials?

Who knows about the financial thing. Just make sure to put down your deposit by credit card so you can get it back in case of a default.

That being said, it *is* just under a year away, and February is low season (hotter, less predictable weather, kids in school.)

The longest in advance I have booked the PG is 18 months, so I am a little surprised, but then perhaps the cheaper cabins go first--the upsell to a balcony is a large one. You could ask about F and E cabins, that might tell the tale--if they are all available too, then I might wonder.

2011 is a long ways away in these trying financial times. Booking early will give you the cabin and the deck you want. Also, pricing is usually better.However, Deck 7 does fill up since it has balconies.

Last November when Regent was still on board, we were able to upgrade to a balcony cabin at the 90 day point so maybe you might want to gamble on a lower deck and get an upgrade at a lower cost! You will have to have an alert agent or which the internet.

I would be more concerned about your personal life and whether something may come up that would imped your making the cruise.

Don't worry, you will have a wonderful time on the PG and in FP.

(we have been on the PG 4 times in 4 years-we love it! I'm trying to find a way back for their FP to New Zealand cruise in November).

Archived