Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone - WATP

4cats1house

I did my first 4 mile walk with LS today. She is great, motivating in such a happy,kind, positive way. This DVD came with a workout band, you use it during the last mile. I am thinking about getting another LS dvd, to keep from getting bored.

I am so glad you posted this, it makes me want to keep walking with LS!

Hello Tatianablue,

I have several of the WATP DVD's. I do a different one each day. I am only doing 1 miles on weekday mornings because I walk to and from work (2.5 miles), but I do 2 a mile WATP on Sat & Sun.

Now that the weather is getting better I will be able to go for evening walks.

How long have you been doing WATP? Did you work up to the 4 miles?

Hope that we can keep each other motivated. :)

• 2 weeks later...

During the winter I walk with Leslie!

The Power Mile with Weights is great!

Also the two mile!

I have one tape of hers that does 1 mile, 2, 3 & 4 miles!

During Day lite savings time I have a walking routine that goes up a hill and is 3 miles. Excercise really makes a difference.

Was on the Zandamn for 15 days and the damage was only 3 lbs.

I love Leslie Sansome tapes!

Gail

As well have a library of them. Probably 10 or so. How funny I saw this thread today and did my 1st walk in a LONG time last night. I cruise in August and decided to get off my rear and do something about this weight.

With a resonable diet and walking you can do it!!

I started walking again on Friday and have walked everyday but Sun. Doing good on the diet although its only day 2..

mcannme~ how long did it take you to lose 16 lbs. and were you dieting also??

My kids have been wanting a Wii and ds & I saw it on sale with the Wii active for $199 so I may get that and do some of those workouts to.

I am glad I saw this thread. I had some success with these tapes a few years ago but I have gained about 10 lbs back and want to lose them plus about 8 more. I'm starting this week with the 1 mile tapes. I promised myself if I don't have a reason to do so sooner, I will definitely book another cruise when I lose 18 lbs. I would love to hear from other WATP's fans to keep me motivated.l

I started walking again on Friday and have walked everyday but Sun. Doing good on the diet although its only day 2..

mcannme~ how long did it take you to lose 16 lbs. and were you dieting also??

My kids have been wanting a Wii and ds & I saw it on sale with the Wii active for $199 so I may get that and do some of those workouts to.

My husband and I have been dieting / working out for a little less than 2 months. I am averaging 2 - 3 pounds a week. Working out 5 -6 days a week with a min of 45 cardio on these days. For my diet - sort of following the weight watchers process - portion control - lots of fiber and whole grained foods - 3 servings of fruit a day and min. 2 veggie servings per day. My husband has lost 35 lbs and I am at 16. I wanted to loose 20 prior to the cruise and I have 5 weeks so I hope I can continue and get there - however these last pounds are always the hardest for me!

If you get the wii - get the wii Active progam too - you won't regret it. I did the 30 day challenge it is a great work out and very motivating to stick with. I did that in combination with my Leslie Samsone DVD's and that has been working!!

I love that I have found others who love these work outs! Plan to do 4 miles fast today!!:D

for the info! It makes me know with dedication my goals are pretty reasonable. I'm doing 2 miles this week, I'll do 3 on Sat & Sun and then work up next week. I'm almost 50 :eek: and I can feel it in my knees so I am starting to take Glucosamine & Chondrotin hopefully that will help!

I spent the first 49 years of my life ALWAYS thinking about my weight issues, I dont want to spend the next 49 doing the same! Of yeah, I'm gonna live to be 99 plus!!

Keep up the good work everyone!

Hi This is my very first Post on CruiseCritics! I am just in the beginning stages of planning my first cruise so I'm really a "Virgin" here, LOL!

I've been doing the WATP tapes on and off for years, I really like Leslie and her gang. I'm at a point in life where I can't do those crazy aerobics anymore but really feel like I have to "do" something and walking inside when outside is impossible is a favorite of mine.

My friends and I, (two couples) will be going on the 7 day Mexican cruise on Princess Lines the first part of next year. We have been on 3 big trip together in the past, England, Italy and Egypt so now want to share the Cruise experience as well. I'm a contributor on TripAvisor and when I found this site thought I hit the Jackpot of cruise Forums. I know I'll have a lot of fun here. Thanks everyone in advance for all the info I know I will gather here in the upcoming months. :)

Happy Travels!

• 10 months later...

Is anyone still walking with Leslie? I had been walking with her a few years ago, and I started up again 2 months ago. I started up 3 times a week, doing only 1 mile videos. (I change the ones I use so I won't get bored.) At first, it really helped, but then, I started plateauing. Today, I got through the Power Mile without looking at the clock, so I think I am ready to rotate in some of the 2 mile videos.

I can walk for hours if I have a destination, but I get impatient doing the videos. Of course, when I am just walking somewhere, I am not doing any arm exercises - except for carrying shopping! Anyone else have the same problem?

Archived