Price Drop Question - Mariner

I'm booked on the June 13 cruise on the Mariner. I've got a D1 balcony cabin with a pullout sofa, so the cabin accomodates my family of 4. There are no more of these cabins available for this sailing. The remaining cabins in the D1 category (they sleep 2) had a recent price drop (~$100/pax). Do I qualify to get an OBC since the remaining cabins in the D1 category were discounted? Or am I out of luck since my exact configuration is sold out?

I'm booked on the June 13 cruise on the Mariner. I've got a D1 balcony cabin with a pullout sofa, so the cabin accomodates my family of 4. There are no more of these cabins available for this sailing. The remaining cabins in the D1 category (they sleep 2) had a recent price drop (~$100/pax). Do I qualify to get an OBC since the remaining cabins in the D1 category were discounted? Or am I out of luck since my exact configuration is sold out?

All you have to match is your category. If you have a D1, and the D1 price went down, you should get a price drop. This is assuming the price drop is not for new bookings only. Call Royal (or whoever you booked with) ASAP to get the lower price.

As long as it is the same category you can get it re-rated for the lower price.

If you booked through a TA you will have to call them and have them get the booking re-rated.

If you booked it yourself then you can call RCCL.

Either way, get it done before they sell out that category or you will be SOL.

I disagree with the others, I do not think you qualify for the discount since there are no more D1 balconies that sleep 4, which is the cabin category that you have booked. It won't hurt to call and ask, but since you can't even price a cabin for 4 since it isn't available then they won't be able to price it to confirm it either.

I talked to my TA - Fare for passengers #1 & 2 went down, but went up for #3 & 4, so my original booking was a few bucks lower than the new price.

The fact that my specific cabin configuration was sold out did not appear to be an issue.

I disagree with the others, I do not think you qualify for the discount since there are no more D1 balconies that sleep 4, which is the cabin category that you have booked. It won't hurt to call and ask, but since you can't even price a cabin for 4 since it isn't available then they won't be able to price it to confirm it either.

Makes no difference, a D1 is a D1 and priced accordingly. If there is a drop you will get it no matter the configuration.

Makes no difference, a D1 is a D1 and priced accordingly. If there is a drop you will get it no matter the configuration.

Interesting because I couldn't get a discount when I had tried when there was only D1's for 2 when I had a D1 with 3 of us. Guess I should have called a second time and tried.

Interesting because I couldn't get a discount when I had tried when there was only D1's for 2 when I had a D1 with 3 of us. Guess I should have called a second time and tried.

Yes, unfortunately sometimes you get someone who is not knowledgeable.

Archived