Same Cabin Steward??

The current thread about not having your cabin cleaned during the cruise prompted me to start this one.

We were on Oasis from 2-27 to 3-6 and enjoyed the cabin services of Antonio-the same steward we had on our 25th anniversary cruise aboard the Grandeur July of 2008!! :D We couldn't believe our good fortune, as we feel he was the best ever!! I think the chances of this happening are pretty slight, especially on Oasis!!

How many of you have had a similar experience: same cabin steward, waiter, asst. waiter, or head waiter as on a previous cruise?

Happy Sails

Doreen

We also ran into the Waiter-Paulo, we had on the Grandeur, and the Head Waiter-George-for the third time--:p--twice on Grandeur and this last time on Oasis!

I love seeing familiar faces and I think these special people truly remember you- at least they seem to after talking to you for a while! :D

We've run into the same waiters on different cruises, but never had them assigned again. One Grandeur waiter, we have seen on two other cruises (once on another the Grandeur cruise, and once on the Voyager.):D

We have never had or seen our room stewards on other ships, and frankly, I am not sure we would recognize them. :o

Never have run into the same staff, but on our last cruise on the Freedom in February my daughter met up with another girl in AO - they first met on our cruise on the Adventure in January 09. Met up with the parents and yes we all met on the Adventure!

On our very first cruise aboard Cunard Countess in May 1993 we had the best ever stateroom attendent called Imelda from the Philippines. She was still on the ship when we returned the following year and managed to sneak us into the crew bar to introduce us to her friends. We still keep in touch with each other on a regular basis (snail mail in the beginning but now we have the choice of email, skype or social networking websites to choose from).

The current thread about not having your cabin cleaned during the cruise prompted me to start this one.

We were on Oasis from 2-27 to 3-6 and enjoyed the cabin services of Antonio-the same steward we had on our 25th anniversary cruise aboard the Grandeur July of 2008!! :D We couldn't believe our good fortune, as we feel he was the best ever!! I think the chances of this happening are pretty slight, especially on Oasis!!

How many of you have had a similar experience: same cabin steward, waiter, asst. waiter, or head waiter as on a previous cruise?

Happy Sails

Doreen

In 2005 we cruised on a Carnival ship out of Galveston. This past January (2010) we cruised for the second time on this same ship (never again) and had the same waiter. His nickname was Harry Potter then and it still is.

While the dining room service on The Conquest was wonderful we now realize that we are truly Royal Caribbean cruisers. But at least we gave this Carnival ship a second chance and know it our hearts that it just isn't for us.

I've cruised on Explorer 3 times and have never seen any of the same staff, from the Captain on down everyone has been different each time. However, many years ago I was on Song of Norway and then, the next year, Song of America, and the cruise director was the same. He recognized me as soon as I boarded the ship. Back in those days, the cruise director, as well as other staff members, formed a receiving line as you boarded. I had forgotten that until just now.

How about entertainment? On the Sovereign in 1993 we saw a Beatles tribute band-probably not around now. On our next cruise TEN years later on the Explorer the entertainment was-----Rain!!! (a popular Beatles Tribute band):eek::eek::eek:

Luckily we LOVE the Beatles and saw both these shows more than once!:D:D

On Adventure of the Seas in 2008, we were doing a trivia contest with the whole family - kids and all. The MC kept looking over at us like he knew us, and to be honest, he looked familiar as well.

Turns out he had been a member of the cruise staff on Disney 3 years earlier when we cruised on the Magic. Different cruise line, different place, but somehow he remembered us - not by name, but by sight.

Guess I need to start being a little less noticeable...:p

I've had the same waiter on two cruises. We cruised on the same ship two years in a row, doing the alternate itinerary the second year. We specifically requested the waiter we had the previous year. Best waiter I've had on nine cruises. He no longer works for the cruise industry.

I've also had the same head waiter on two sailings - totally different ships with a few years in-between.

We just got off Adventure, and had Luis as our head waiter. We had him on a previous cruise as well, I think it was 2 years ago.

We cruise once a year. 16 total 9 on Royal. We have seen alot of staff that we knew from past cruises. This year we also knew JJ (cruise directors staff).

We had a guy named Matt Baker as an Assistant Cruise Director, than as a

Cruise Director a few years later.

We have also run across several bartenders and sports staff from previous cruises.

Jim

In 2008 I went to a teen thing one night and the woman working was named Suzanne (I don't think I spelled that right.. she goes by Susie, so I'll refer to her as that now). So then on my cruise in 2009 I was at the teen things every day and the lady that was with my age group looked so strangely familiar, but I couldn't figure out why, I didn't remember her name from the first cruise so I didn't know it was her. So one night I was in the living room with my friends and she was in there so I was just like, "I feel like I've met you before," so she asked me if I had been on any other cruises before so I told her and she was like, "That's how you know me, I worked on that one last year." :D

Archived