Bacon Police are now Pork Police!

maxamuus

Just got home from the Spirit this afternoon. Noticed on this cruise that the Bacon Police are now guarding the ham at breakfast too. One morning one Bacon Police "go-getter" was guarding the bacon, ham and the corned beef hash. :eek:

Do they actually serve these items to you from the buffet or do they just hover when you're getting them for yourself? I find this to be very funny. I can just imagine them telling people "only one piece per person" - LOL!

They actually put it on the plate for you. :)

But you can still ask for more and get as much as you want. I think they're doing it to try and reduce all the waste of people grabbing gobs of it and then not eating it & throwing it out, but who knows. :confused:

LOL... now that's funny! The three boys I am taking on Spirit next week will make sure he stays very busy! btw, Welcome Home! ... I don't suppose you recall who th epiano guy was? he he he I made a quick post on your roll call, but looks like you're on this board instead.

That is fine with me. I like the bacon police - it keeps the real hogs from picking through each piece for their select few (or many) pieces. By they time they are done, all that is left is a tray of bacon bits.

The ham and hash police are a don't care to me - I tend to pass on both.

No doubt some motivation is to cut down on waste from what people put on their plate, but also what they ruin in the pan, pick, pick, picking. How many people want food that has been played with by others?

I think its funny as he11 they guard the ham and bacon but you can get 2nds at dinner or soft serve all day

Like I said above... you can still get as much as you want... you just have to ask the server... it's no big deal at all... ;)

I never understood why they even had to guard the bacon, it's horrible (and I LOVE bacon!).

I love bacon too, but I don't think I even had any on my Spirit cruise last Nov. I agree, Carnival bacon isn't so great. One thing I really liked when I cruised on the Sapphire Princess was the bacon was cooked just perfect!

I don't suppose you recall who th epiano guy was? he he he I made a quick post on your roll call, but looks like you're on this board instead.

I don't actually. Going to the Piano bar was one of those things we were always going to do tomorrow night but never got around to it. :(

But you can still ask for more and get as much as you want. I think they're doing it to try and reduce all the waste of people grabbing gobs of it and then not eating it & throwing it out, but who knows. :confused:

I noticed the police at work the last two days of the cruise, but not the first three. A few times the tongs were turned around and were hard to get like they didn't want anyone to eat it. But I grabbed them anyway.

Maybe it's rationed by the hour too. I mean if they have 20 pounds of bacon that breakfast and 15 of it is gone by 7:30, I can see them stretching it out a bit. Get there early and it's not a problem.

But come on, really, after the huge dinner you had, do you REALLY want four slices of bacon, and the corned beef hash? Or would you rather have a glass of juice and a bagel?

There's no way people are eating all that food... the body can't take it. Unless you are one of those folks who likes to consume all you can for the fun of it, and is just used to doing it.

They were policing the ham on the Ecstasy in October, and December. I never understood why they even had to guard the bacon, it's horrible (and I LOVE bacon!). Now that ham...YUM! Cruise breakfast staple for me. :o

Maybe it had already been picked through?

Now that it doesn't disappear faster than they can cook it, they can actually cook it. I think the quality is much higher.

Actually 1 piece of bacon is enough for me--greasy, and that sole shoe ham, well 1/2 of 1/2 of a piece to eat is adequate. I really don't need to be served anything cuz I know my limit. Those cheap A$$ powdered eggs are something they can get rid of so they don't care how much you eat. I saw some stuff on the Splendor that I have never seen before on a breakfast buffet, and I hope I never do again. I stuck with peanut butter and toast (that really wasn't toasted). :rolleyes:

Archived