Bacon Police are now Pork Police!

maxamuus

I think it helps move the line along. As stated it keeps passengers from picking thru every piece. Take some and move on. Don't understand people that have to pick thru everything.

They pick out breakfast potato cubes one at a time. Pick out peas one at a time. Pick out beans one at a time. Take a scoop and move on. Got to pick thru the pancakes, waffles, and turn them over and inspect everyone.

Whatever the reason for their "guards" it results in a healthier situation - Only one person is handling the serving implement.

We usually use the MDR for breakfast - I eat at a buffet in our school cafeteria most days and like to be served when I am on vacation.

A friend who just got back from her cruise said she asked one of the servers why they no longer have self-service with the bacon. He told her it was because of the number of people who were grabbing the bacon with their FINGERS instead of the tongs, not because of portion control! Who knows, maybe it is a mixture of both reasons.

People can gripe all they want but the so called "Bacon Police" on our recent Ecstacy cruise gave me more bacon than I would have taken myself.

I guess I don't see what the problem is....

Ditto, non-issue. Some people just need something to complain about.:confused:

I got a very polite giggle for asking for 2 pieces of bacon one morning.... guess I am not the target audience for the bacon police. Although from seeing some of the abandoned plates of bacon after breakfast and the grumbles from the line of there being no bacon, I can understand why they'd want to make sure people don't take more then they can eat.

Waste not, want not!

you whinners and complainers now have an alleged 'bacon police' to go after??? Seriously get a cruise life... this is the dumbest thread ever on CC. Ask for more Bac you'll get more Bac... geeeehad.

Oh nononono. This ain't the dumbest.

The one that was worrying about which brand of ketchup would be available was way dumber. That was a deal-breaker for a guy.

Archived