Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral questions

Bob and Linda

DW and I will be sailing on the Dream on January 29, 2011. Any suggestions on the best way to get to Port Canaveral from Orlando International Airport ?

We'll be flying down a day early. Any suggestions on a good Hotel in Port Canaveral area ?

We have a chance for at early return flight of 11:40AM. With self debarkation could we make this ?

DW and I will be sailing on the Dream on January 29, 2011. Any suggestions on the best way to get to Port Canaveral from Orlando International Airport ?

We'll be flying down a day early. Any suggestions on a good Hotel in Port Canaveral area ?

We have a chance for at early return flight of 11:40AM. With self debarkation could we make this ?

I am going on the Dream in June and we are all meeting the night before at the Radisson at the Port. It has a free shuttle to the ship. A few are renting a car for one day at Avis and returning the next day in Port Canaveral and Avis has a free shuttle to the boat. Most all the car rental places have a shuttle to the ship. It is a lot cheaper than the connection transportation. I am actually driving down and leaving my car at the hotel for a week and it is including in the stay which is very reasonable.:)

Best way is a one way car rental.

Hertz pick up at airport drop off in Port.

Stay at Residence Inn, hertz in in their parking lot.

Will shuttle you to boat.

Should not have a problem getting flight.

We were off the boat at 8:30 at airport by 10:00

Could have been earlier if we had wanted.

We hung around on boat for a little while

Hertz was great!!!

I used Cruise Xpress and I couldn't have been happier with them. They picked us up at the airport and took us right to the port. I sent many e-mails back and forth with the owner and also talked with her on the phone a couple of times. There was a bit of a glitch with our reservation (due to equipment that I was needing to travel with, not with anything else) and Wanda (the owner) went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of and got safetly to the ship. I couldn't ask for better customer service from them. I wouldn't hesitate to book with them again!

They only charge $20 per person one way.

I used Cruise Xpress and I couldn't have been happier with them. They picked us up at the airport and took us right to the port. I sent many e-mails back and forth with the owner and also talked with her on the phone a couple of times. There was a bit of a glitch with our reservation (due to equipment that I was needing to travel with, not with anything else) and Wanda (the owner) went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of and got safetly to the ship. I couldn't ask for better customer service from them. I wouldn't hesitate to book with them again!

They only charge $20 per person one way.

Do you have a website for them? Or do you have the email address or phone number, or both? Thanks.

https://www.cruisexpressfla.com/main/

Has anyone else used them. Their web site quotes $20.00 per person 1-way and $40.00 per person round trip. According to their web site they only shuttle on specific days. I wonder if the require down payment? I need to know more about them before I book. Their web sites seems OK and the price is right.....Pee Mag tell us more, please.

-Larry

They do only shuttle on the days that the ships are in port as of right now. I believe that they are a new business, so kind of just getting going, but I may be wrong. What we did to get around that was we spent the night in the airport hotel and then met up for our transfer. We did pay them up front for the reservation.

This is what their customer service was like for me.

I travel with a mobility scooter and after a few days after making our reservation with them, I e-mailed them to make sure that they were aware of the scooter. This is where the small glitch came in. When making the resevations the fact that I was traveling with the scooter got missed and between the scooter all the luggage and the other people who reserved on the same time, there wasn't enough room for everything (They use vans). Wanda e-mailed me that she would then put me on Carnivals bus at her expense. She was supposed to meet me to be sure everything went fine, but we just weren't able to make that part happen. She called me the morning that we were going on bus and also called Carnival and made sure that everything was set. It all went off without a hitch. I was very pleased with how the whole thing was handled. She even called me again to be sure that there was no problem with anything. Wanda was a very caring person and I would use her services again in a heartbeat.

If you have any other questions just ask. I'm not sure what else everyone wants to know. I'll do my best to answer them if I can.

Larry,

Thanks for the website. If there are several of you traveling together, another shuttle service is Travelynx. We live south of Orlando and had them take 5 of us to Port Canaveral for a price of $165 round trip. It was the same price for 4 of us, so it wasn't as good a deal as for the 5 of us.

They were great and picked us up on time and dropped one couple off at the airport and the rest of us back at my house. Below is their info.

321-631-7796

FAX 321-631-6764

http://www.travelynx.net

I'm using Cocoa Beach Shuttle (10% cruise critic discount) and staying at the Country Inn and Suites near the port. In fact Cocoa Beach shuttle is picking us up the next morning and taking us to the port for $2 pp.

The cost depends on whether you book private or group service. We are a group of 7 with a private van, paying $130 each way. It is a little less if they can put you with other people. They have a website.

Archived