RCI Newbie question re MDRs

Thursday I booked my first RCI cruise, and I already have a question. :p

I'm scheduled for 8:00PM dining. Which of the three Voyager dining rooms (Magic Flute, La Boheme and Carmen) are "traditional"?

Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to joining all you good folks!!! :)

Yes, it's all one large multi=tiered dining room, and the names refer to the different floors. Generally, part or all of the top floor will be reserved for My Time Dining, and the rest is traditional. You will get your specific table assignment when you board the ship. Then, you can visit the dining room and check out the table - if something isn't right (such as you have a large table, but would prefer a table for two), then you can put in a request with the maitre-d and he will TRY to accomodate you.

Thank you all for the quick replies. Too bad about Magic Flute. I'm a huge fan of Wolfie's. :p

I'll hope for La Boheme. My #1 and #2 favorites are Verdi and Wagner, but Puccini will do. Bizet, not so much.

Just curious: are the three MDRs internally connected?

The three dining rooms are the 3 different levels of the MDR as a pp said. There is an atrium in the center - kind of like a multi-tiered mall. There are stairs that connect each level. Even though they have different names, they're really all the same.

Thursday I booked my first RCI cruise, and I already have a question. :p

I'm scheduled for 8:00PM dining. Which of the three Voyager dining rooms (Magic Flute, La Boheme and Carmen) are "traditional"?

Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to joining all you good folks!!! :)

Here's Magic Flute

DSCF6714.jpg

you can see how the stairs interconnect the DRs

000_0703.JPG

Those are beautiful pictures. We'll be on the Explorer 11-7-10 for My Time Dining and know that is the 3rd tier of the DR (Columbus). My question, if anyone knows, is there an elevator that stops at that level so there is no walking of the stairs....

Thanks in advance.

Those are beautiful pictures. We'll be on the Explorer 11-7-10 for My Time Dining and know that is the 3rd tier of the DR (Columbus). My question, if anyone knows, is there an elevator that stops at that level so there is no walking of the stairs....

Thanks in advance.

Be careful what you wish for... Not only are there elevators that go to each floor but they actually STOP on every floor at dinner time... I'd love to see an express somewhere onboard... Maybe only stops on EVEN floors and the other one does ODD floors...

Be careful what you wish for... Not only are there elevators that go to each floor but they actually STOP on every floor at dinner time... I'd love to see an express somewhere onboard... Maybe only stops on EVEN floors and the other one does ODD floors...

They'll put that into effect right after they install the one that goes from the back to the front of the ship.

Here's Magic Flute

DSCF6714.jpg

you can see how the stairs interconnect the DRs

000_0703.JPG

By golly, we Texans know how to answer a question with style!!!:D

Thanks to everyone for the comments and info. I'm definitely looking forward to the fore/aft elevators. Rumor has it they'll be on Oasis II. :p

Archived