Thread regarding the new Daily Planner format?

KAYEF

but it didn't bother me. I just had to reorient my reading to find what I wanted. They could easily do the whole thing on the tv and save the paper. And they could stop printing all the sheets about art auctions, spa treatment, etc. I think we are more likely to check for info if it was on the screen and interactive. We could see info on shore excursions, specialty restaurants, spas and then book them when we saw them.

Here is one you can resurrect:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1081698

I'm with you ... I much prefer the old format.

THANKS for that site. The new form was AWFUL............why put TRIVIA under the Greenhouse Spa, for instance?

Even using my highlighter............we had to turn to various pages to locate where we were going...............and we don't do a LOT of activities. When they were listed by time, we didn't have to search.

Is it because of the ads?

I wonder if Seattle reads the forms we fill out?

My form always has LOTS of positives, but I did remember to mention this hard to use new format and the TINY glasses in the beverage section of LIDO.;)

I thought I had read that they had gone back to the "old" format....

I had also read that in a thread about HAL listens to us. I had been really glad to hear that they were going back to the 'old' format. Now I wonder what the real story is.

THANKS for that site. The new form was AWFUL............why put TRIVIA under the Greenhouse Spa, for instance?

Even using my highlighter............we had to turn to various pages to locate where we were going...............and we don't do a LOT of activities. When they were listed by time, we didn't have to search.

Is it because of the ads?

I wonder if Seattle reads the forms we fill out?

My form always has LOTS of positives, but I did remember to mention this hard to use new format and the TINY glasses in the beverage section of LIDO.;)

Perhaps they arrange it the new way to purposely make you have to carefully scrutinize the entire paper to find what you really seeking.

It reminds me of how newspapers and magazines, force you to scan thru many pages to find continuations of arcticles, sometimes several times, and sometimes they leave page numbers off to make it even harder; when they could easily print the entire arcticle on one page or continue it on consecutive pages.:mad:

I had also read that in a thread about HAL listens to us. I had been really glad to hear that they were going back to the 'old' format. Now I wonder what the real story is.
IIRC it was one ship, not across-the-board. It may have been something as simple as running out of stock of the new format paper ... or just wanting to use up old-stock paper.

Is the thread you remember and were looking for?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1081698

That's the same one I posted in #3. :p

Edit: here's a post about a combination old/new on the Rotterdam:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=23296762#post23296762

Archived