Dumb mistake

oklaviking

My fmaily and I had a great time on the NCL Star this past week 3-13-2010 thru 3-20-2010. That is up until I did a dumb thing. We went to the White Hot party and had a blast. When we left we wanted to get a snack at the Blue Lagoon. So we got a table and I went to the rest room right by the restaurant. I placed my Sony camcorder on the ledge by the sink and when I was finished I left it there. After a short time I realized what I did so I went back in to the bathroom and it was gone. So I went to the Reception desk to ask if anyone turned in my camcorder. They said no. The rest of the week included a stop by reception a few times each day with the same response. I have no one to blame but myself for this stupid mistake. The camcorder had a lot of photos on it I had not downloaded to my computer yet. My new grandson and photos of last Christmas just to name a few memories I lost. I would like to take this time to Thank the Reception staff for all their help and a special thanks to Ray Carr who did all he could do to help me. By the way if you seen Ray on a previous cruise you will notice he lost some weight. That is amazing considering his job is on a cruise ship. We sailed the NCL Spirit in 2008 and he was the cruise director then. Anyway thanks for letting me tell my little story about my stupid mistake.

I'm very sorry that you lost your camera. It is really sad when your cruising community/family consist of some people who will steal a camera. Please don't beat yourself up...we all make mistakes in life, no way around that! The older I get the more I value positive attitude; I don't want to waste time with anger, regret, worrying about worrying. I hope it didn't darken your cruise too much.:o

I found someones camcorder at Ftl airport.

Turned it in to security,as some guy was about to pick it up and walk to his gate.

The person came back,as I told him that security had it.

They were so thankful,and wanted to give me some money.

Sad to hear that you lost some picts.:mad:

P.s We were on the Star last Oct,And Ray wasn't that heavy?

It must be hard to lose weight on a cruise ship.

Sorry to hear about your problem. Don't beat yourself up too much we all make mistakes of this kind. Maybe some of your family members will be able to give you some pictures they took of your grandchild and of last Christmas. In the meantime, get a new carmera and take some new pictures of that lovely grandchild and create some new memories:D I hope you still had a really nice cruise! Did you by any chance have any identification in the camera bag that would allow someone to return it to you in the future? I ask this because my SIL once left her purse under a table in a restaurant at Sea World in Florida. When we checked several times during the day with lost and found no one had turned it in. However, about two weeks later, I guess after the people had settled in at home, they returned it to her. Everything was still there, money, ID, credit cards, etc. It would have been nice if they had given it to lost and found, but at least they did eventually send it back. If you had ID of some sort in your camera bag maybe some nice soul will get it back to you. One can hope!

Thanks for all the reply's and well wishes. The cruise was not a total loss. I still had a great time. For once I vacationed with out looking thru a view finder LOL. I will send in a insurance claim and see how that goes. So all is good here in Oklahoma. Thanks again.

Archived