Mariner Questions: September Cruise to Mexico

We are Diamond C&A members and though we have been on the Mariner while in the Caribbean, that was a long time ago. So I have a few questions:

1) Like our cruise on the Radiance in January, I am assuming the Mariner also has a special "Diamond" Breakfast. On the Radiance, they had this in Portofinos - where is it on the Mariner?

2) Where will the Diamond Happy Hour be scheduled? The last time we cruised on the Mariner, we had access to the Concierge Lounge - this is no longer available to us - what lounge is it in on the Mariner?

3) Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle Party? On the Radiance, it was rather lame - set up more like an "activity" than a party! They did have a nice gift, but otherwise, no one mingled or walked around. People sat around in small groups and were rather unsocial. I was just curious about your experience, the venue and how it was put together.

If I think of anything else, I will let you know. That's it for now.

Thanks in advance for your input.

We are Diamond C&A members and though we have been on the Mariner while in the Caribbean, that was a long time ago. So I have a few questions:

1) Like our cruise on the Radiance in January, I am assuming the Mariner also has a special "Diamond" Breakfast. On the Radiance, they had this in Portofinos - where is it on the Mariner?

2) Where will the Diamond Happy Hour be scheduled? The last time we cruised on the Mariner, we had access to the Concierge Lounge - this is no longer available to us - what lounge is it in on the Mariner?

3) Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle Party? On the Radiance, it was rather lame - set up more like an "activity" than a party! They did have a nice gift, but otherwise, no one mingled or walked around. People sat around in small groups and were rather unsocial. I was just curious about your experience, the venue and how it was put together.

We were on the Mariner for NYE.

1. The Diamond breakfast was in the main dining room in a small section off to the right as you entered.

2. The Diamond event was in the Dragon's Lair disco.

3. The Meet & Mingle was in Ellington's on deck 13. There was a problem in invites not being received so attendance was sparse. Another Meet & Mingle was then scheduled for the last day in Dragon's Lair. Gifts were good and people did move around and mingle.

We were on the Mariner for NYE.

1. The Diamond breakfast was in the main dining room in a small section off to the right as you entered.

2. The Diamond event was in the Dragon's Lair disco.

3. The Meet & Mingle was in Ellington's on deck 13. There was a problem in invites not being received so attendance was sparse. Another Meet & Mingle was then scheduled for the last day in Dragon's Lair. Gifts were good and people did move around and mingle.

I agree with Sue on # 1 and 2.

We were on the Mariner the first week of February and our M&M party was in the Viking Crown Lounge with nice canapes and punch, and nice raffle prizes, too!

Same for #1 and #2 in on the March 7, 2010 sailing.

For #3, CD Keiryn came to the M&M and at the end passed around the microphone allowing everyone to introduce themselves. It was a nice touch and allowed us to learn a bit about each other.

Same for #1 and #2 in on the March 7, 2010 sailing.

For #3, CD Keiryn came to the M&M and at the end passed around the microphone allowing everyone to introduce themselves. It was a nice touch and allowed us to learn a bit about each other.

Was it set up like a cocktail party, where people can stand around and mingle? The ones I have been to of late have all been in a large lounge with an MC. People don't mingle - they just sit and watch. Yea, a microphone went around at our M&M, but that puts some people (like me) ill at ease - I prefer a more intimate setting and a party atmosphere. It was less of a party and more of a "show". The Door Prizes were a nice touch, as was the raffle. Maybe that's what these parties are about now - that's why I was asking.

Our M&M was in a small area of the Viking Crown Lounge, so there was a lot of mingling and moving around. Some stayed seated, while others mingled.

Yes, they did have the Platinum and Diamond cocktail party, too, and served champagne, red and white wine, and I saw a number of people order other drinks from the servers.

Our M&M was in a small area of the Viking Crown Lounge, so there was a lot of mingling and moving around. Some stayed seated, while others mingled.

Some of the M&M's that I have attended have been like this too. For me, I have mingled a lot when there were people on the Roll Call that I was interested in meeting. There are plenty of opportunites to mingle if that is what you are interested in doing.

Does anyone know how you the Mariner handles disembarkation? I've been on the Voyager (Galveston) & Adventurer (San Juan) and both ships handled it differently. On Voyager you could sign up to walk off with your luggage first before everyone else and on Adventurer your order was solely based upon your return flight home time.

Archived