Hydro Pool/Spa

JellyBean07

Can anyone tell me how much this would cost for a 10 day cruise (couple) and what is included in this package? Do you find that it is worth the cost? Can one also buy a day pass to use the pool? Is this recommended for someone with arthritis?

Is this recommended for someone with arthritis?

It's wonderful for someone with arthritis! The steps into the pool are not deep, so that's helpful. The water is supposed to be body temperature, but is also soothing. The ceramic loungers are warm, and make you just feel so darned good.

I left the spa feeling like a limp lump. It was fabulous.

Does anyone know if this would mean a single person would just pay $100 for the 10 days (I'm on the Noordam soon)?

Thanks!

I am on the Zaandam next month and paid 229.00 for 16 days ..1 person

Does anyone know if this would mean a single person would just pay $100 for the 10 days (I'm on the Noordam soon)?

Not a chance. The per person rate for a couple is always less than what the single rate is.

Personally, as a single, I see it as totally unfair, but it is what it is.

I just came off the Oosterdam and paid $199 (single) for the week on a 7 day cruise. Was not able to actually use the pool/spa on embarkation day. They do sell day passes $40/day or $20 if you purchase a spa treatment (massage, etc.). I have read various prices on this thread so have no idea why there is inconsistency. I did enjoy it but next time on a Vista Class I would probably just purchase four days or less because I felt like I needed to make time to have the experience and sometimes there were other things that I wanted to do as well.

I just got off the Oosterdam and paid $40 for a single day use (but once I got out I am not sure if I could have gone back later that day - and I didn't ask since they gave me my receipt then). I enjoyed it but to be honest, It is still overpriced, as are all the spa procedures. But if one wants to pamper themselves it's still a wonderful way to do it!

I just got off the Oosterdam and paid $40 for a single day use (but once I got out I am not sure if I could have gone back later that day - and I didn't ask since they gave me my receipt then). I enjoyed it but to be honest, It is still overpriced, as are all the spa procedures. But if one wants to pamper themselves it's still a wonderful way to do it!

We are off E-dam 3/13 sailing, it was beyond wonderful. We booked the weekly couples thermal suite pass. It seemed like a nice option when we purchased it, then we went in on first sea day, it was just not that relaxing, in our opinion. The tile chairs were frequently occupied, and not just grab and go. There were several children in the big whirlpool (and we have nothing at all against children), we wondered if they were let in by parents who bought passes. Just not what we bargained for, we requested and received a full refund the next day.

We are off E-dam 3/13 sailing, it was beyond wonderful. We booked the weekly couples thermal suite pass. It seemed like a nice option when we purchased it, then we went in on first sea day, it was just not that relaxing, in our opinion. The tile chairs were frequently occupied, and not just grab and go. There were several children in the big whirlpool (and we have nothing at all against children), we wondered if they were let in by parents who bought passes. Just not what we bargained for, we requested and received a full refund the next day.

I had heard that, but I was very lucky - I did the Thermal Suite on a day when we were in Cabo and I decided to stay onboard. I had both the hydro pool and the suite completely to myself! I guess I got lucky!

I will be in Alaska at the end of June. I was thinking of booking a day pass on one of the port days which I ASSUME would less inhabited than a sea day. I wouldn't want to spend the money if it's crowded in there. For those of you who have experienced the thermal spa, is it less crowded on port days? Are the prices any different on port days (specials)?

Also, I know some ships have more amenities than others. Any comments regarding the Rotterdam's thermal spa area? Does it have a full size jetted pool/hot tub area and more than just a couple of thermal loungers? Any info would be appreciated. One more thing while I have your attention- what about the lido pool on the Rotterdam - is it covered/heated? I don't know if I would want to sit out by it or not (it is Alaska after all) but my son might.

Thanks.

I will be in Alaska at the end of June. I was thinking of booking a day pass on one of the port days which I ASSUME would less inhabited than a sea day. I wouldn't want to spend the money if it's crowded in there. For those of you who have experienced the thermal spa, is it less crowded on port days? Are the prices any different on port days (specials)?

Also, I know some ships have more amenities than others. Any comments regarding the Rotterdam's thermal spa area? Does it have a full size jetted pool/hot tub area and more than just a couple of thermal loungers? Any info would be appreciated. One more thing while I have your attention- what about the lido pool on the Rotterdam - is it covered/heated? I don't know if I would want to sit out by it or not (it is Alaska after all) but my son might.

Thanks.

I can only answer a few of your questions. Yes they do offer specials on port days and you would pretty much have it to yourself, compared to sea days. The Lido center pool does have a special retractable cover that is used on cold, rain, or snowy days. The aft pool not covered but that is supposed to be an adult only pool. Center pool is for everyone.

Archived