cozumel shopping

Hi: We will be visiting Cozumel on April 6. Have 4 teen age girls that will want to go to some shops - where is the best place(s) to go? I have never been to Cozumel.

I am guessing that away from the pier is better. How far is "town" if that's what you would call it. Are there any straw markets to shop at?

Also, where would be a good beach to visit? Are there some you can go to and just park yourself in a chair - or do you have to pay for any and all beaches??

Thanks

Didn't get to shop much but I thought the prices right at the pier were great. My DH and I took an excursion which lasted all day and didn't have time to shop so I would like to go back there. The prices were great and they had a lot of stuff.

I visited Cozumel about 4 years ago. I don't remember much about the shops, but I would definitely reccomend going to Paradise Beach. It was beautiful. Plus, they have free lounge chairs. They also offer water activities and drinks (they have a tiki hut bar) at an additional price. It didn't seem too crowded either. Whatever you decide, enjoy it! : )

Yes, best shopping is in the town, San Miguel, about a $6 cab ride pp from the pier where RCI ships dock. The greatest shop is Los Cinco Soles. Any taxi driver will know it and it is on the main street along the ocean (malecon). The area around the plaza and along the malecon is shop after shop. It would be a shame not to enjoy one of Cozumel's great beaches! There is a string of beach clubs starting just a bit south of the pier. Taxi prices are listed at the pier for each beach club. Mr. Sancho's, Paradise Beach and San Francisco beach are some favorites. They only require that you purchase food or drink to use their lounges and umbrellas. You should easily have time to do both.

Since this has nothing to do with RC why not do some research and/or post on the "Caribbean" and then "Cozumel" forum? RC does cruise there but so do many other cruise lines and that's why CC created a special forum for all ports of call. Much more info there.

In Spanish, Cozumel means go shopping!

From diamonds to trinkets...People cannot wait to get there to leave lots of money!

As for beaches, there are a bunch!!!!

Do not let the cab ride dissuade you! The fare is reasonable and the shopping is outstanding.

Hi: We will be visiting Cozumel on April 6. Have 4 teen age girls that will want to go to some shops - where is the best place(s) to go? I have never been to Cozumel.

I am guessing that away from the pier is better. How far is "town" if that's what you would call it. Are there any straw markets to shop at?

Also, where would be a good beach to visit? Are there some you can go to and just park yourself in a chair - or do you have to pay for any and all beaches??

Thanks

Grab a cab at the pier and head to downtown San Miguel just a few miles north for the pier. There shopping is abundant. The cab ride costs about $6 US pp from the pier to town. Someone else mentioned Los Cinco Soles. A great place to shop! If you are a Tequils drinker, they have a fantastic array of local Mexican tequilas. And they let you taste them too!!! As you walk down the main street area there are shop after shop. You can literally shop 'til ya drop. There are inexpensive shops and shops where we saw a couple drop $80,000 on a diamond ring! Something for all! There is also a nice plaza area with several restaurants around. Cozumel is our favorite Caribbean stop. Because of Cozumel, we love the Western Caribbean itinerary (Been there via Carnival, Princess and RCCL). The beaches are beautiful. You can just rent a jeep and drive around the island and stop off at any secluded beach that tickles your fancy. The big beach resorts are just south of the pier. You can take a taxi to any of them. They do charge a fee for lounge chairs and umbrellas have great bars and food. Again cabs are cheep and seem to be everywhere when you need them. Give Cozumel a whirl. The people are friendly and helpful.

------------------------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Booked & Paid Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

Planned Cruises

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

The Med – 14 day – 2013?

If you go to Mr. Sanchos beach, they have a little "flea market" type area with t-shirts, vanilla, jewelry, and much more. You can get the beach and shopping all at the same place. They will bargain with you there. You should take lots of ones and fives for the right change for them. It's lots of fun to bargain with them. Also, right at the cruise port, there are many stores right there with many bargains too. We were just in Cozumel twice in jan/feb and went shopping both downtown San Miguel and at the port, and mostly all the same type of stuff. Cozumel is a great place to shop and spend some time at a nice beach.

Since this has nothing to do with RC why not do some research and/or post on the "Caribbean" and then "Cozumel" forum? RC does cruise there but so do many other cruise lines and that's why CC created a special forum for all ports of call. Much more info there

I did not mean to post this thread on the RCL forum - sorry! Didn't mean to offend.....

Thank You all for your great responses. I think I have the information I need. The girls will be thrilled with shopping and beaching it for a day!!

Don't use a credit card - even in one of the nice stores. I did in February and the next day was notified that an attempt to put $1800 charge on my card had been denied and it was to the store where I used the card. Also,I later noticed that all the numbers of my card were printed on my receipt. Thankful for an alert credit card co.

Archived