Post cruise blues - how long til you're over it?

Luv2Travelnow

Last week was our first cruise. We had looked forward to it for a very long time, and it was every bit as fun as we had hoped.

Now that we're back home, I have the post cruise blues. I can't quite focus on stuff at home / work as effectively just yet. Also physically tired as well from the long days on the cruise.

Hopefully I'll be back to normal by mid-week!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maybe this is made worse by the fact it was our first cruise...maybe future cruises won't be so bad? :o

Missing my Lido deck afternoon snack right now... :p

The only cure for me is to always have a cruise in the pipeline! What I hate is the first few days post cruise at mealtime when everyone starts looking around at each other then at me to do something about their hunger! Where's my Lido? :(

The PCB'd (not the deadly chemical) do not go away until the next cruise is booked and the planning and research starts for that cruise. The shortest PCB's for me has been six days later.....the longest three or four months and longer when the bank account is completely scraped dry and I only have so much I can save each month.....

I did manage to go on eight cruises in just over three years and a ninth in September....needless to say, the bank account is suffering.....

As soon as I get home. After being gone for a while it is nice to be back into my daily routine. All that stuff on board is great to get away for a while but it is still not home. Miss my Ekornes chair, big screen TV, surround sound, deck, hot tub, exercise room, game room, good coffee and etc. It is tough though when you have to start cleaning.

Well before last week my previous cruise was in 2008 and it took a year for me to get over it and the way I did was bookthe one I was on last week. Sooo, I figure in a year my head will be exploding so I will book my next. but to answer you question,,I never get over it.

We cruised end of Jan and got home first week in Feb. We were going to do a bus tour of Nova Scotia, flying up there and a bus tour for a week. But when we looked at cruise prices it was cheaper for us to cruise out of New York then the bus tour. So I am now looking forward to October so much ... Also friends want to do Alaska in May 2011 so i am looking into that and i really like cruising in Jan so looking maybe for a good deal in Jan 2011. So answer your question.... book a cruise ASAP.....

This truly is an addiction isn't it??:p Oh well it's one addiction I will NEVER get help for. My nursing home is going to be a cruiseship!!!:rolleyes: Like others have said, I don't get over it until I have another booked. This time I booked another before this one is even over!! My last cruise was April 2008 so I am really in withdraw!!!

When you can: walk outside your door without a coat or hat; take out the patio furniture; bar-b-que for the first time. However - a cruise is special and nothing can really replace that total feeling of "AHHHHH!!!!!"

I was thinking it was just me but now I see it is for real. We just returned 2 weeks ago and I still feel the PCB. Another is planned very soon, thought doing the fun pass and parking would help..It has a little...Now to plan excursions...:D

Last week was our first cruise. We had looked forward to it for a very long time, and it was every bit as fun as we had hoped.

Now that we're back home, I have the post cruise blues. I can't quite focus on stuff at home / work as effectively just yet. Also physically tired as well from the long days on the cruise.

Maybe this is made worse by the fact it was our first cruise...maybe future cruises won't be so bad? :o

I think physically you get back in the swing of life within a week or so but the longing, jonesing, desire, downright NEED to get back on a cruise ship is just terminal and will stay with you forever and ever:eek:

At least thats the way it is for me.

Cheers and welcome to the addiction

Carole

I hear you!!!! Just got back from my first cruise on Sat. I'm still waiting for my room steward to come make my bed!! It was really a lot of fun. We will cruise again, just not sure when. We were with about 20 people and it was a lot of fun. So much to do! I really need a week off to recoup, but I'm off to work today! Bleh!!!:(

Talk about depressed our group of friends has always wanted to do a cruise but nobody would step up and get the ball rolling so finally the chance came along to go on one and a group of friends around 60 of us got together and went 2 years ago for our first it was unreal had so much fun i came home and booked one for last year before we even unpacked it was as good as the first but we decided to take this year off and its been killing us not being able to look foward to going so we are in the process of booking the GLORY for next 4-24-11 thru 5-1-11 eastern cruise and may even pop a short cruise in this year yet all the research has the fever flowing wild again just cant wait and its great having lifelong friends and family along to share the fun :D

It doesn't change... Post Cruise Depression sucks after each and every cruise.

The only cure is book another cruise and start the process all over again.

Now that you've sailed once the anticipation will be even greater so get booked and enjoy!

:)

We just returned from our 5th cruise of the 13th, and I have the "cruise blues" just as bad now as on the 15th. Best cure we have found, book another cruise, so you can start planning for that one, and slowly it will bring you out of the "post-cruise funk".

Mimgan

Shock is the first stage. It is often accompanied by wobbly legs and general sea sick feeling.

Denial follows quickly, crying "I don't believe it," or "Where's the Lido bar server?"

Bargaining is your promise that "I'll be so very good that maybe I can wake up and find a towel animal ...."

Guilt is painful and hard to deal with. This is when one says over and over, "If only I had booked back-2-back's...".

Anger is another big factor which seems to be necessary in order to face the reality of life on land. You may often lash out at fellow CC'ers who are about to leave on a cruise.

Depression is a stage of grief that comes and goes. The biggest hurdle is accepting the final charges on your Sign-n-Sail card!

Acceptance and hope! Understand that you will never be the same until you call your TA and book another Carnival vacation!

The only known cure for PCD (Post Cruise Depression) is to book another cruise. Until you do that you will suffer the effects.

That's unfortunately correct.

I am having severe withdrawal.

DW and I went on our first last yr. PCD set in before we got off the ship! They had to call us to leave the ship! 200 days from today, it will get better when we set foot on the Liberty! Then it starts all over again. Oh, the pain!:confused:

Archived