Everything Serenade of the Seas

Serenade of the Seas (10/10/10) will only be my 2nd cruise but I am toooooo Excited! The 1st cruise on Sovereign of the Seas (10/10/08) was great! The best vacation ever! I have been reading the comments of this board about food etc, etc., but on the Sovereign I had no complaints about anything...Fantastic and I know this one will be even better! 81 Days and counting! YEAAAHHHHHH BAAABBBY! :cool::D

OH my Gosh! Thanks for all the great info. I was concerned about the # of stops, but we have 2 11 year olds and a 9 year old and they LOVE the excursions.

We have been travelling on the newer NCL ships (

Pearl, Jewel) but missed all the GLASS!!!!!!

Thank you for all the great info...my wife is usually our cruise dirctor, I did not want to make a mistake!

Thanks Jaxson! And I want to join your STARFISH society ... many of the nasty comments in that particular thread were directed to me!

Oh my gosh, that thread was pretty out of control while it was around.. I do remember some of those totally uncalled for comments. Sorry some people just don't get it I guess..I just copied and pasted to Signature, welcome aboard..:D

Hey all! I am going to be on the Serenade for the Aruba, Curacao, St. Thomas, and St. Kitts leaving from Peurto Rico on May 29, 2011. It will be our 3rd cruise but first one on Royal Caribbean. My hubby and I are so excited and I have enjoyed reading all the info about the ship and the ports from all of you! Thanks for the info. and I look forward to more reviews!!! :D

Nicole Elder

Just got off yesterday,thursday was Caribbean night, Antigua port, booked chops that night, Poriafino has mystery night that night. The best time we had was friday St.Marrtan, booked day private sailboat cruise on the Randomwind .com 54ft clipper.holds max 20 people booked whole boat (family reunion).Try it. Have a great cruise, Nick P.S. say hi to Diane the owner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I booked Serenade for March 2011. It is nice to hear positive comments about the ship. We are excited to try the Southern Carribean route.

We're also on the Serenade March 2011.....we're so excited!

We're flying into San Juan the day before the cruise and staying at the

Sheraton ( old SJ )

• 1 month later...
Hey all! I am going to be on the Serenade for the Aruba, Curacao, St. Thomas, and St. Kitts leaving from Peurto Rico on May 29, 2011. It will be our 3rd cruise but first one on Royal Caribbean. My hubby and I are so excited and I have enjoyed reading all the info about the ship and the ports from all of you! Thanks for the info. and I look forward to more reviews!!! :D

Nicole Elder

We will be on this sailing as well! Thanks, everyone for this thread. We had originally wanted to do a spring break cruise, and our choice was the Freedom, but it will be dry-docked the week we wanted to go. The other choices were Oasis and Allure (way too much) and Liberty, but we found we could get 2 balcony cabins on the Serenade for the price of one Jr. Suite on the Liberty. We have 2 teenage daughters, so the extra bathroom is a plus. Then, ended up not being able to go spring break, re-booked for May and decided to stick with the Serenade. We've never been on a Radiance-class ship, and we're really looking forward to it.

We'll be in 1072 and 1074. Anyone been in these cabins?

Thanks!

They have all the regular theme nights that the other boats have: 70s, etc.

You wouldn't happen to be UMTerp from the old ACCBoards would you?

Nope, sorry!

Do people dress up for 70s night? I'm just trying to figure out if we need to bring some different clothes (i.e., tropical shirts) on our cruise.

Nope, sorry!

Do people dress up for 70s night? I'm just trying to figure out if we need to bring some different clothes (i.e., tropical shirts) on our cruise.

The themes are usually the 70's Disco, 50's Rock & Roll and Country Western. People don't really dress for this, but by all means bring your tropical shirts, you'll see those alot on any Caribbean cruise!

Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever stayed in this room that can tell me about the view? I'm little worried about the life boats, which I think are on decks 5 and 6?

Looks like 7550-7590 are all the same type of room so if you were in any of those rooms I assume your view would be similar.

Thanks,

Kristi

Archived