Sailing Excursion

elmoalex01

I have sailed twice with Kathleen of Highpockets. We loved it so much the first time we booked our itinerary specifically to go back. Here is the web site, feel free to ask any questions!!!

http://www.sailhighpockets.com/

Wow! that looks great!

Thanks for the link.

We were thinking of booking the ship excursion that takes you over to St. John by boat, but this looks more interesting and personal / customizable.

I wonder what the cost would be. :confused: We are a party of 4 right now.

Wow! that looks great!

Thanks for the link.

We were thinking of booking the ship excursion that takes you over to St. John by boat, but this looks more interesting and personal / customizable.

I wonder what the cost would be. :confused: We are a party of 4 right now.

She only takes 6 at the most & it's one price for cash one for credit here is her e-mail if you want to find out what it is: rsvp@sailhighpockets.com

It includes open bar all day, lunch, secluded beaches, snorkeling it was truly wonderful. I think the cash price is like $130.00pp & worth every dime. She does require you give her a credit card for the deposit but you can not have her run it & pay cash when you get there. She would not charge it if for some reason your ship was not able to make it into port. You do have to take a taxi over to Red Hook but it's not that bad when you have 4.

She only takes 6 at the most & it's one price for cash one for credit here is her e-mail if you want to find out what it is: rsvp@sailhighpockets.com

It includes open bar all day, lunch, secluded beaches, snorkeling it was truly wonderful. I think the cash price is like $130.00pp & worth every dime. She does require you give her a credit card for the deposit but you can not have her run it & pay cash when you get there. She would not charge it if for some reason your ship was not able to make it into port. You do have to take a taxi over to Red Hook but it's not that bad when you have 4.

Thanks very much :)

I will send her an email, to see if available on our day.

Another vote for High Pockets. We had a fabulous time and a great lunch. She even called for a cab to meet us to take us back to the ship.

How did you all like the chicken dish she prepared? I was really skeptical & had wanted Rumbaba in the beginning cause the menu sounded so good. I thought chicken ok that's nothing special. I will tell you it is now my favorite chicken dish ever!!! She even e-mailed me the recipe. She has her own herb garden and grows the fresh herbs she uses. We were on The Caribbean Princess & with the exception of the meal in the steakhouse, it was the best meal we had the entire week of the cruise. The second time we went we had our son & she brought PB&J, Mac & cheese etc. things he would like. It was also a cruise for his 10th Birthday so she had candles for his rum cake. She will go out of her way to make you feel like royalty!!!

I think I have now got a craving for her chicken dish & will have to make it this weekend. It's even better if it marinates for two days!!!

Thanks for your recommendations. I emailed HightPockets, but she is taking the boat north for Hurricane Season. :(

She did recommend another boat though - the "Lou" with Captain Max.

I'm thinking about that boat.

So the JollyMon is right near the Cruise Port, is it?

That would give you almost another hour, right there, in not having

to go to Red Hook and back by cab.

We just tried to book Rumbaba for April 27 when in St. Thomas and he is booked. I've asked Captain Bobby for recommendations that are similiar to his. Bummer :(

Any other recommendations that are similiar in nature are welcome and appreciated... I was looking forward to meeting Captain Bobby ~ sounds like he knows how to have a great time!

Thanks!

We just tried to book Rumbaba for April 27 when in St. Thomas and he is booked. I've asked Captain Bobby for recommendations that are similiar to his. Bummer :(

Any other recommendations that are similiar in nature are welcome and appreciated... I was looking forward to meeting Captain Bobby ~ sounds like he knows how to have a great time!

Thanks!

Have you tried Highpockets, her info. is a few posts up on this thread.

Have you tried Highpockets, her info. is a few posts up on this thread.

Kathleen is available however for a full day which is more costly than what we were anticipating on spending. We were looking for a 1/2 day sail for two reasons. One cost and the other two ansy teens (14 & 17)... debating if a full day will be too much for them.

Any suggestions for 1/2 day sails?

Thanks again!

I'm dragging my 10 and 12 yr old on the full day sail with Rumbaba. It is a 6 hour trip in my opinion if you want to do it go for it. I bet your teenagers will have fun. I think the Rumbaba rate is a little cheaper than Highpockets. I looked at that one too. We ended up going with Rumbaba because of the food choices. Both Captains seem great and I think you can't go wrong with either one.

Kathleen is available however for a full day which is more costly than what we were anticipating on spending. We were looking for a 1/2 day sail for two reasons. One cost and the other two ansy teens (14 & 17)... debating if a full day will be too much for them.

Thanks again!

We took our 10 year old & he did not get bored at all. He got a little sleepy on the way back but we adults did too.

Thanks again!

JollyMon does a half day, minimum 3 needed. I think it's $75pp. But it's snakcs and drinks, not the full meals like you get with HighPockets or Rumbaba.

• 2 weeks later...

We recently got back from our 2nd trip with Highpockets (first was in 2006) The whole family, including the teenagers loved it. When we knew we were going back to St. Thomas THEY asked if we could do it again.

Highly recommended. Here's our TA review of the day

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147407-d550566-r59917739-Daysail_High_Pockets_Adventure-East_End_St_Thomas_U_S_Virgin_Islands.html

We sailed with Captain Pat on the Independence, a 44' Ketch out of Red Hook a couple of weeks ago. It was a wonderful day. Our prior trips have all ben on Cats so this was our first day on a monohull. Our family of 4 was joined by another couple and it was really nice having such as small group as you really are treated like royalty onboard. Captain Pat and First Mate Ray were full of information and took care of all our needs. We usually bring our own snorkel equipment but this time I forgot to carry our masks and snorkels off the ship with me when we arrived in St Thomas (DOH!). Iw ould have to admit that the snorkels on Independence were of much better quality than our own and they had a good variety of mask sizes to fit our family well. Lunch was wonderful. Unfortunately, there was little or no wind the day were we were there, so while we attempted to sail, we pretty much had to use power to get anywhere. Independence has a quiet inboard motor, so it was still very quiet and peaceful during travel. The lack of wind made for very smooth water and excellent and easy snorkeling.

You can see some pictures of the Independence in my review ofour Costa Atlantica Cruise here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1170841

We are going in late August and have booked with Simplicity Charters. Cant give a report yet, but the website looks great and they have terrific reviews. The half day and whole day charters. Hope it helps! :)

The first mate, Ray on Independence is related to the owners of Simplicity. We saw Simplicity and Admiral Hinckley several times during our cruise. She seems to have the run of the boat and is a real local celebrity!

Archived