Saint Petersburg guide

deck chair

Hi, Patrick. Long time, no "see" on the boards. Hope all is well.

I've never read a bad thing, and have read many great reviews of Red October, Alla, and Denrus. I can personally vouch for Red October as I took the two-day, with additional evening, tour with them. I highly recommend them. The guide spoke perfect English, without so strong an accent that she was hard to understand.

I saw everything that was included in every single HAL tour, and got better service. We went straight to the head of the lines at the attractions, while the HAL tours waited in the lines. At the attractions our small group was immediately with the guide, so we could see what was being described as it was being described, and we had the chance to ask questions while the topic was fresh.

What ship are you going on?

Like Ruth, I've not seen anything bad about any of the St. Petersburg private guides. We took Alla's 2-day 'comfort tour' and had the same experience as Ruth did with DenRus. If we make it back (and we DO plan on going again) we'd be quite happy to have Irena again as our guide. I don't think you'll go wrong with any of the guide companies you'll find on the 'Ports of Call' > Europe > Baltic forums.

We did the 2 day tour with Elena from SPB Tours; wonderful driver and knowledgeable guide.

Highly recommend.

We did not do the folkloric dance in the pm but others in our group enjoyed it.

our group consisted of 13 people.

excellent communication via email with Viktoria.

We used an agency called Anastasia. We did not have unlimited funds, but didn't want to be part of a large group. We made arrangements with Anastasia to take a first year guide at a substantially reduced price and we had her to ourselves.

The guide, whose name I don't remember, was a joy in that we could talk to her like the girl next door, at least if the girl next door happened to be equipped to be a movie star.

We were happy with our choice in every respect.

The driver, Serge, was also very pleasant, but he didn't speak english, so our evaluation of him was based solely on his facial expressions and an apparent readiness to do whatever he was asked.

Archived