Has anyone used the boxing ring on freedom?

I read that they offer a sparring class with a trainer etc, had anyone done this? what the deal? Seems like a fun workout while on vacation, especially if its training with good trainers in the ring, and you actually get some sparring time

If I'm not mistaken, there's a fee to use it. We've been on the Freedom several times and have never seen anyone use it. The only time I've seen anyone in the ring was when Samantha Brown did a special on the Freedom.

Ditto. It's clearly not a very popular option.

My wife did the boxing lesson during our FOS cruise last year. She enjoyed it and said it was a great workout.

There was a fee for the class, and it hurt to raise her arms for the rest of the week. Other than that it was great.

It was a highlight for my daughter on our June cruise last year. I believe the cost was around $100 plus tip. My husband got in there a few times, but mostly my daughter and the trainer. It was a great workout and the trainer was impressed she could go pretty much the full hour. If I remember correctly you could also just book for half an hour as well.

great, thanks for the info- its a good selling point in my book- Ill do it a few days to get a good workout, I do agree its kind of a waste of space- because you really dont need to be in a ring to practice sparring and workout, but it makes it fun.

The thing is, I didnt realize until i was on the oasis, that the freedom class ships are really big too- and have so much unique activities... and half the price in some cases.

Archived