What's so great about NCL ships

A&G

We are booked for our first NCL cruise in October. My research on CC leads me to believe that a lot of members are very passionate about NCL ships. There seems to be far more loyal/repeat NCL customers than any other cruise line. So, what's so great about NCL ships? What keeps you coming back to NCL?

I'm thinking the Freestyle cuise concept will have a lot to do with that?

as it's not found on any other cruiseline. Although its not for everyone I believe most of us like a bit of freedom in choises during a cruise specialy if it comes to food. But I also understood the disembarkation process on NCL is a big plus against other cruislines.

No one does the suite life like NCL:D

Plus being able to eat where and when you want, to dress up or not, just makes for a perfect cruise experience. Got to mention the staff too - always trying their best to give good service with a smile

Freestyle and price. Right now I have to travel with my whole family (7 of us) and NCL's pricing for 3rd and 4th passengers is usually significantly lower. It is my hope that we'll be able to try other cruiselines at some point because we do like variety and do want to try "traditional" cruising.

We are booked for our first NCL cruise in October. My research on CC leads me to believe that a lot of members are very passionate about NCL ships. There seems to be far more loyal/repeat NCL customers than any other cruise line. So, what's so great about NCL ships? What keeps you coming back to NCL?

I've only been on 2 NCL cruises at this point. My observation is that NCL seems to have something for everyone. They have a good kids' program, a variety of entertainment (crew talent show is one of my favorites) but the biggest favorite seems to be the flexibility to eat when and where you want.

Hopefully, you've gotten involved in your roll call. NCL officers show up at the M&G and they interact and answer questions. They genuinely want your cruise to be a great experience and will do almost anything within their power to make that happen. They are very handy people to know (speaking from experience).

actually I do think we are loyal as for repeat but we are more open to concerns than the Princess and Celebrity cruisers: don't say one bad word, you will be ban from posting again again. LOL

Now, why are we so loyal: NCL offers a lot of things other lines either do not or have just started: the number 1 thing, freesyle cruising, from dining, to staying in your cabin til you color tags are called on debarkation day to casual dress.

Most people who are honest, will say NCL has the best overall entertainment, not a lot better than other lines, but just a tad better. Add the dining options and the friendly. relaxed crew, all this for less money than some lines (not always) you get a good bang for your buck..Of course one additional thing, their oldest ship is all of 10 now: no other line can claim such a new fleet...!!!!

Don't get me wrong, there are things about NCL that need some improving, nothing is perfect, but sometimes my biggest gripe about the line is some of the passengers. I will add, I have seen more than a few who are just plain grumble bunnies..Sometimes negative feeling can mushroom and you end up with people griping about the smallest things.

Over all those of us who cruise NCL and return over and over are good sports and happy people. We look at the overall picture, not a few little anoyancies (spelling)

Nita

I've only been on 2 NCL cruises at this point. My observation is that NCL seems to have something for everyone. They have a good kids' program, a variety of entertainment (crew talent show is one of my favorites) but the biggest favorite seems to be the flexibility to eat when and where you want.

Hopefully, you've gotten involved in your roll call. NCL officers show up at the M&G and they interact and answer questions. They genuinely want your cruise to be a great experience and will do almost anything within their power to make that happen. They are very handy people to know (speaking from experience).

you are right, the something for everyone. NCL doesn't try to market to any particular group like some lines. This may be good or bad, but I like it.

No one does the suite life like NCL:D

Plus being able to eat where and when you want, to dress up or not, just makes for a perfect cruise experience. Got to mention the staff too - always trying their best to give good service with a smile

Here here!

as for the ships - they are a good size - you don't feel like you have to walk forever to get anywhere!

The crew is the secret. They are much more friendly than any crew I have seen on other lines. I believe this comes down from the the upper management. Upper management on NCL ships are much more visible than other lines and they interact with their staff in a much more friendly manner. The crew in turn show much more respect for their bosses than just being their boss.

PE

For us it's price, freestyle dining, more casual clothing allowed in more places, price, kids club is more inclusive, disembarkation is a breeze, price, taking tender boats are done in an orderly manner, live music throughout the ship, and price.

Freestyle is the big draw for us. All of NCLs ships are set up for Freestyle dining. Other lines are trying to copy it, but still retain the traditional fixed-table option. They are having limited success. A multi-purpose machine usually doesn't do any procedure well. Same situation with mixed dining.

The crews are happy. They are maybe making better money than the crews on other lines. I think management attitudes trickle down to the crew.

The passenger list will be a wide demographic, which doesn't leave anyone feeling like a fish-out-of-water.

Excuse the quick hijack from the new guy? Colored tags and disembarking???

What does that mean please?

They issue colored luggage tags and call for those colors for leaving the ship. It's a method of crowd control to avoid a zoo at the terminal.

REALLY?!?!?! According to my sailing history I dont see what you see :confused:

i don't know why some say that either. Yes, many times they are cheaper, but I have seen them higher as well. In fact we book according to itinerary and price, we have chosen HAL, Princess, and Celebrity on occassion because of pricing.

Nita

Excuse the quick hijack from the new guy? Colored tags and disembarking???

What does that mean please?

NCL lets you pick your own time to disembark by handing colored labels (different colors differt times). You can pick the labels a day before and attached them to your suitcases.

my order:

suite perks:D:D

price/discounts/OBC

departs NYC

specailty restaurants

freestyle

nice/friendly crew

Funny, mine are the exact reverse order of yours. Except for the NY part which I could give a rats butt about. Personally I think the itineraries sort of suck sailing out of NY with the exception of the NY to Miami reposition.

PE

Funny' date=' mine are the exact reverse order of yours. Except for the NY part which I could give a rats butt about. Personally I think the itineraries sort of suck sailing out of NY with the exception of the NY to Miami reposition.[/color']

PE

I don't go for the itineraries, which is good since there really isn't must from NYC.

Dawn...Bermuda cruise was great.

Dawn...Florida/Bahamas was ok.

Triumph....Canada was fantastic.

Dawn...Canada/NE...Sept. '10

For me it beats flying to catch a ship.

I find it hard to believe that you go for the crew before $$. hmmmm

I don't go for the itineraries, which is good since there really isn't must from NYC.

After you have sailed the Dawn 3 times, I can't believe you DON'T put the crew first! :D

The crew has always been the main issue for me when it comes to cruising. They can make or break a vacation. Pricing in the mass market cruise industry is so very similar from provider to provider.

Cruising to Bermuda to me is so not great since they have lost all the small ships that could dock in St. Georges and Hamilton. Docking way out at Kings Wharf is like having the worst hotel on the island as it so far from everything.

I have my own opinion as to why people like cruising out of NY. But, I will keep it to myself.

PE

The crew has always been the main issue for me when it comes to cruising. They can make or break a vacation. Pricing in the mass market cruise industry is so very similar from provider to provider.

But you never know what crew you will get on any ship.

I find such a big difference in price between RCCL/Carnival/NCL.

Maybe if I had your money..........:p

Cruising to Bermuda to me is so not great since they have lost all the small ships that could dock in St. Georges and Hamilton. Docking way out at Kings Wharf is like having the worst hotel on the island as it so far from everything.

We docked at the new pier' date=' (by surprise), back on May 5th last year. [/color']

Didn't mind it a bit.

Archived