Does Specialty Restaurant Surcharge Apply to Little Ones

GirlWriter

Hi there. Does anyone know if the specialty restaurants (specifically onboard the Jade) make you pay for very young children? We are traveling with a 1 1/2 year old, who eats very little -- if we go to a specialty restaurant, will I be allowed to feed him from my plate, or will they make me pay the $15 or whatever it is for him to have his own plate?

Thanks in advance for your help!

We just traveled with a 3 yr. old and they charged us half of the adult charge, but we were on the Spirit.

Did such a little tyke actually eat even a half portion?

I have read that the little ones can get the children's free menu if desired.

Did such a little tyke actually eat even a half portion?

I have read that the little ones can get the children's free menu if desired.

They did not ask if we wanted a childrens menu and we did not ask either, we just kind of went with the flow. To be honest it looked like an adult serving and no he could not even eat half, but he was really good and the service was great so we did not mind paying. The restaurant was not busy at all there was only one other table occupied or we probably wouldn't have tried eating there with him, but it was very enjoyable.

We took our 14 month old to a few specialty restaurants on the Dawn. She did not eat an entree, but we ordered appys and desert for her. No charge. I'm sure you could also order off the children's menu at no cost. FYI - we had to ask for a children's menu several times in the MDR. I got so I would just fold it up and tuck it in the diaper bag for next time (it's like a paper placemat).

Hi there. Does anyone know if the specialty restaurants (specifically onboard the Jade) make you pay for very young children? We are traveling with a 1 1/2 year old, who eats very little -- if we go to a specialty restaurant, will I be allowed to feed him from my plate, or will they make me pay the $15 or whatever it is for him to have his own plate?

Thanks in advance for your help!

unless you order an entree for him I don't think I would be concerned. It seems there is no set policy (well, I think there is, but each ship handles it differently) I have never heard anyone say their toddler was charged for not ordering a meal.

Nita

Archived