Rum Runners?

gill_boo

Carnival doesnt look very closely most of the time is why imo.

Iv also just filled a plastic water bottle with tequila and never been caught. I cant see the difference, both are plastic. until someone who works at the port can tell me differently, I think plastic is plastic and the scanners can see liquid but are looking for metal, but some ports have new improved scanners which can pick up more.

Are they invisible to the scanners or something? How is it that they don't get caught?

They are invisible containers. You can pretty much hide them anywhere in your checked luggage. Here is the link to the site. Pretty cool stuff! There are alot of threads already on this talking about peoples experiences about how nifty they are! :D

http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/

They are invisible containers. You can pretty much hide them anywhere in your checked luggage. Here is the link to the site. Pretty cool stuff! There are alot of threads already on this talking about peoples experiences about how nifty they are! :D

http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/

If they are invisible how do YOU find them afterwards?!?!? :confused::eek: LOL

I think it has nothing to do with their construction or the materials, it has to do with the training of the security staff. I do not believe they are trained to look for zebras, only horses. In other words, if there is liquid in a 1L sized glass bottle with a square base and body going up to the neck, they are going to think its Jack Daniels or Jim Beam, but if the container doesn't look like a wine/liquor/beer bottle, they aren't going to assume it is alcohol.:)

The scanners tell them there is an organic liquid in the container but that could be soap or contact solution or anything, but if the container looks like a liquor bottle or a beer bottle, they'll decide to look...if the container looks like some bag (ie, the RR's), they don't go searching for what "might" be alcohol. :)

If it looks like a horse, acts like a horse, nays like a horse...its probably not a zebra! ;)

I think it has nothing to do with their construction or the materials, it has to do with the training of the security staff. I do not believe they are trained to look for zebras, only horses. In other words, if there is liquid in a 1L sized glass bottle with a square base and body going up to the neck, they are going to think its Jack Daniels or Jim Beam, but if the container doesn't look like a wine/liquor/beer bottle, they aren't going to assume it is alcohol.:)

The scanners tell them there is an organic liquid in the container but that could be soap or contact solution or anything, but if the container looks like a liquor bottle or a beer bottle, they'll decide to look...if the container looks like some bag (ie, the RR's), they don't go searching for what "might" be alcohol. :)

If it looks like a horse, acts like a horse, nays like a horse...its probably not a zebra! ;)

ahahahaaaaa! Very funny :p. Thank you for the correction. I meant to say CLEAR. Let me be very specific from now on

I would not even worry about getting caught. We were on the Triumph last week and did not get caught. We took 3 bottles of wine, 12 beers, vodka, rum and Baileys. I carried 2 bottles of wine in my carry on, he carried one in his.

( nobody said a word) I took a kids soft lunch box and put my beers in it, then wrapped it with a towel and placed it in my suitcase. ( I put them in a separate suitcase just in case they broke) He did the same with his beer. He took a 6 pack of bottled water and filled up 2 bottles with vodka and then placed them back in the package, also he took 2 Arizona teas and filled them up with rum & then glued the foil seal back on the bottle. ( he walked right on board with those items in a carry on soft cooler. I put my bottle of bailey in my make up bag. When you get on board just get a beer glass, wine glass and rocks glass from a bar and make your own drinks in the room. We took our trash can & filled it up with ice the first night. ( the room steward filled it up the rest if the time)

FYI....If anyone wants to say a smart azz comment about how I am wrong for doing this...that I am taking money from carnival ) ....THEY MADE MONEY FROM ME. SHAME ON THEM FOR CHARGING $8.00 for a drink. And $2.00 for a can of soda.

FYI....If anyone wants to say a smart azz comment about how I am wrong for doing this...that I am taking money from carnival ) ....THEY MADE MONEY FROM ME. SHAME ON THEM FOR CHARGING $8.00 for a drink. And $2.00 for a can of soda.

Are you kidding? I applaude you.

Its wrong,its wrong, yeah right.

Whats wrong is how the company makes most of its money off of US citizens,has its main headquarters here yet registers its ship in foreign countries to avoid paying taxes here.

Steve

Stock holder

Be careful with smuggling any alcohol. I am traveling as part of a singles group next week. I have friends that traveled on 2 separate cruises in March from 2 singles groups. They told me almost all alcohol in checked baggage was confiscated, including mouthwash bottles.

Your best bet is to order from Bon Voyage. $40 for a liter of rum or vodka. Yes it is twice the liquor store price but cheaper than by the drink at the bars.

Be careful with smuggling any alcohol. I am traveling as part of a singles group next week. I have friends that traveled on 2 separate cruises in March from 2 singles groups. They told me almost all alcohol in checked baggage was confiscated, including mouthwash bottles.

Your best bet is to order from Bon Voyage. $40 for a liter of rum or vodka. Yes it is twice the liquor store price but cheaper than by the drink at the bars.

Personally, I think it is worth taking the chance! $40 for a bottle of rum or vodka from the Bon Voyage?? Are you kidding me!!!

that is funny!! :D

I would not even worry about getting caught. We were on the Triumph last week and did not get caught. We took 3 bottles of wine, 12 beers, vodka, rum and Baileys. I carried 2 bottles of wine in my carry on, he carried one in his.

( nobody said a word) I took a kids soft lunch box and put my beers in it, then wrapped it with a towel and placed it in my suitcase. ( I put them in a separate suitcase just in case they broke) He did the same with his beer. He took a 6 pack of bottled water and filled up 2 bottles with vodka and then placed them back in the package, also he took 2 Arizona teas and filled them up with rum & then glued the foil seal back on the bottle. ( he walked right on board with those items in a carry on soft cooler. I put my bottle of bailey in my make up bag. When you get on board just get a beer glass, wine glass and rocks glass from a bar and make your own drinks in the room. We took our trash can & filled it up with ice the first night. ( the room steward filled it up the rest if the time)

shame on you!! ;)

Personally, I think it is worth taking the chance! $40 for a bottle of rum or vodka from the Bon Voyage?? Are you kidding me!!!

Try $40 for a bottle of RYE!! Hubby ordered from bon voyage and I brought 12 pk of ginger he wanted for mixer. While still a bargain compared to $6.50 a drink I think that's a bit much for a typically "cheap" booze. Absolute, etc type brands I can see it. The $40 is about $11 more than we'd pay here in New York, but come on!! I agree with all the other posters this stuff would not happen if they're not taking the advantage. And the flamers saying you're on vacation, same price as a restaurant, blah blah blah. Are any of us sitting in the MDR all day on board? Yeah, charge me more there. Poolside, etc. give everyone a better deal.

And I am surprised that, since they have the ships registered in a foreign country, that they don't have their headquarters in barbados or somewhere like that. Justify your prices is your ship is registered here in tax tax tax USA.

With fare increases they're just going to wind up with " teetotalers " on board.

And I don't want to hear any bashing - our 25th anniversary we spent $700 on a photo album Carnival did for us because we never had a professional photographer at our wedding. Carnival loves our sail and sign account. They should know us by name:)

We have used our Rum runners for our past 3 cruises as well as when we take trips (ie out to Vegas) and want in room cocktails. Very durable but I still put them in gallon zip lock bags. Very prompt service from their web site.

I have a question about wine. I know that on Carnival you're allowed a bottle of wine. I think it is the 750 ml. I would like to bring a larger bottle on board. Do they check the size or don't care as long as you only bring one bottle on board? Also, I know you are allowed to carry it on in your carry on bag. Do they look inside of your carry on bag? I'm leaving from Miami and of course they supposedly just got scanners that can detect. Thanks for any information. :)

I have a question about wine. I know that on Carnival you're allowed a bottle of wine. I think it is the 750 ml. I would like to bring a larger bottle on board. Do they check the size or don't care as long as you only bring one bottle on board? Also, I know you are allowed to carry it on in your carry on bag. Do they look inside of your carry on bag? I'm leaving from Miami and of course they supposedly just got scanners that can detect. Thanks for any information. :)

I had 2 bottles of 750 ml in my carry on, my boyfriend had 1 in his. ( we also had other alcohol and nobody said a word) They put it through the scanner but never said a word. They say only 1 bottle per person ....but we had no problem at all. Also when you get on board just stop by the bar and ask for 2 wine glasses. After dinner our server made us a cheese and fruit tray to take back to our room for a midnight snack.

P.S......the worst thing that could happen is, they will hold it until the last day of the cruise. Also my boyfriend bought alcohol in Mexico and walked right on board with it. Somebody said they take it till the end of the cruise ....but that was not the case.

Archived