Cinnamon Cache Opening Date 2010?

paylady

Thanks, Murray. We plan to drive the route but I am a little fuzzy as to exactly where each of the lakes, etc. are placed relative to each other. I know you recommended turning around at Emerald Lake. Will be purchasing your guide in early May - do you plan to have all your edits done by then? :rolleyes:

The Cinnamon Cache is a bakery/coffee shop about 6 miles north of Carcross. I found a web site for them, but it looks like the last update was in 2008. Suppose to have good sandwiches and great cinnamon rolls. It is about 1.5 hours from Skagway close to Emerald Lake. Covered deck with spectacular views. Recommended highly by poster Yukon aka Murray. Sounds like a good place for lunch if you are driving the South Klondike Highway up from Skagway.

Well.....I just checked Trip Advisor for reviews on the Cinnamon Cache and there was only one review and he gave it an absolutely terrible review. Go figure! Because it is only one review I would be a little suspicious, but I have searched these boards and find very good reviews of the Cinnamon Cache. Also nearby is the Caribou Crossing BBQ lunch but I gather that the tour buses stop there so it may be a bit overcrowded.

Well.....I just checked Trip Advisor for reviews on the Cinnamon Cache and there was only one review and he gave it an absolutely terrible review. Go figure! Because it is only one review I would be a little suspicious, but I have searched these boards and find very good reviews of the Cinnamon Cache. Also nearby is the Caribou Crossing BBQ lunch but I gather that the tour buses stop there so it may be a bit overcrowded.

It is lunch. There are very few places around to grab lunch. The people are very nice and the bread was fresh and we were full when we left. I won't brag about the food there but it wasn't bad by any means. It served us well for our day on the road. I have also eaten at the Caribou Crossing BBQ place with a tour. If you get there at the same time as a bus, there is a wait but they get people through quickly and the food is fine here also.

What do you eat at the Cinnamon Cache? Is it a lunch spot?

They have soup, sandwiches and some pastries (large cinnamon rolls, etc..).

The place used to be run by a very nice couple and I believe the gentleman passed away a few years ago. We met both of them and they were very friendly people, it was sad to hear of the husband's passing. I believe the wife now runs the place.

Archived