CoCo Cay

My Ship in May is stopping at Coco Cay and I was wondering what kind of things there maybe to do at that port, as it is a RCCL "exclusive" island or whatever, it seems to me that may limit the activities to do on the island itself as there will only be RCCL shops etc. nothing really to look at right?

Depends, if the tide is out and the skies are clear, it has one of the most impressive colorful water views over the flats (towards Big Stirrup Cay) the Bahamas has to offer. Full spectrum of color from white to indigo.

RCI does own the island so all of the excursions are booked through them. There are lots of activities from jet skis and parasailing to renting a mat to float in the water.

Lunch is free (drinks are extra just like on the ship) and there are lounge chairs and hammocks spread around. There is a nature trail that you can walk that takes you around the island.

If you have your own snorkel gear you can snorkel for almost free (you are required to have or rent a float vest) or you can rent all of the equipment.

Coco Cay is BEAUTIFUL and you can do as much or as little as you want. I was there last May and spent the morning in the sun and doing the jet ski excursion. After lunch I booked a massage at the new spa building on the island. It was a great day!

It is a beach day...pure and simple! And it's lovely! There's is a small market, but we've never visited...we just sun, and swim, drink and eat! There is no "town" to visit, if that's what you were hoping for.

They do have watersport "excursions", but they are the "follow the leader" type...so you can't just rent a waverunner and go off on your own.

There's plenty of both shade and sun, so you don't have to fry unless you want to! They serve a BBQ lunch on the island.

If you don't want to go, or even stay all day, that's fine, too! The ship is a quick tender ride away...you can come and go at will. The pool and WJ and most bars will remain open on the ship, so you can do pretty much what you want at anytime!

Archived