2011 Itinerararies

Jade13

are out tomorrow per Azamara! These are the ones from April 2011.

I was told there will be two 14 night Amazon cruises from/to San Juan. Unfortunately the late time in October will not work for us.

There sounds like there will 10 night cruises next year (vs almost all 12 or 14 night cruises).

Hi Everyone !

I asked Azamara about 2011/2012 itinerary releases, and was told not to expect them today (Monday 3/29).

Im trying to get a new date for you. When I hear more, I will post it here.

Hi Everyone !

I asked Azamara about 2011/2012 itinerary releases, and was told not to expect them today (Monday 3/29).

On Quest this month we were told they would be out, "sometime in April" by the illustrious Captain Carl so I was a little surprised to see this thread.

are out tomorrow per Azamara! These are the ones from April 2011.

I was told there will be two 14 night Amazon cruises from/to San Juan. Unfortunately the late time in October will not work for us.

There sounds like there will 10 night cruises next year (vs almost all 12 or 14 night cruises).

Wow, that is interesting. I hope the Amazon cruise works out for you and us too. Maybe they will open up some more dates.

On Quest this month we were told they would be out, "sometime in April" by the illustrious Captain Carl so I was a little surprised to see this thread.

Hi Dr Koob !

I was a bit surprised to see it too. When I asked about this on Mr Pimentel's thread, I believe the answer was early April, so I wasn't expecting them today.

Hopefully, the wait wont be much longer.

Hi Everyone !

Andy, they have the itineraries but they are not yet loaded into the system. Yesterday someone in the call center went over some of them to me in detail including some from/to Haifa Israel (to Athens), and also two from/To San Juan (to Brazil, Amazon) that are later in the year. They were not loaded into the system so they did not have any pricing but was told they would be out today.

Obviously they are still working on the pricing. It sounds to me like one strategy is to shorten many cruises to 7 or 10 nights so the difference in pricing from this year will not be as apparent (since many people just look at the bottom line vs per diem). I hate the idea of paying more for a 10 night cruise than we did for a 14 night. By having more cruises they can make more money.

Andy, they have the itineraries but they are not yet loaded into the system. Yesterday someone in the call center went over some of them to me in detail including some from/to Haifa Israel (to Athens), and also two from/To San Juan (to Brazil, Amazon) that are later in the year. They were not loaded into the system so they did not have any pricing but was told they would be out today.

Obviously they are still working on the pricing. It sounds to me like one strategy is to shorten many cruises to 7 or 10 nights so the difference in pricing from this year will not be as apparent (since many people just look at the bottom line vs per diem). I hate the idea of paying more for a 10 night cruise than we did for a 14 night. By having more cruises they can make more money.

Hi Jade !

Of course, Im not doubting you. I hope it didnt sound that way. I agree that most of the itineraries are likely finalized, but it seems they may be making some last minute changes. I find it very interesting, that itinerary delays are also happening at Celebrity. Coincidence ? I doubt it. I like the idea of 2 Amazon sailings, but I think they will have great difficulty selling it from San Juan.

I agree with you, that *IF* many itineraries are 7-10 nights, it may not sit well with the Azamara faithful, especially if a 10 night sailing is priced at what 14 nights was last year. With the new pricing plan, it would seem that scenario is a possibility. If this happens, as most Azamara passengers are savvy & seasoned Cruisers, I believe most folks will see through that plan, immediately.

At this point, I'd like to see the itineraries released, and hear the details about Le Club Voyage. Hopefully, we will hear from Azamara shortly. Stay Tuned !

Hi Jade !

Of course, Im not doubting you. I hope it didnt sound that way. I agree that most of the itineraries are likely finalized, but it seems they may be making some last minute changes. I find it very interesting, that itinerary delays are also happening at Celebrity. Coincidence ? I doubt it. I like the idea of 2 Amazon sailings, but I think they will have great difficulty selling it from San Juan.

I agree with you, that *IF* many itineraries are 7-10 nights, it may not sit well with the Azamara faithful, especially if a 10 night sailing is priced at what 14 nights was last year. With the new pricing plan, it would seem that scenario is a possibility. If this happens, as most Azamara passengers are savvy & seasoned Cruisers, I believe most folks will see through that plan, immediately.

At this point, I'd like to see the itineraries released, and hear the details about Le Club Voyage. Hopefully, we will hear from Azamara shortly. Stay Tuned !

Hi Andy, no I never thought you were doubting me. I just think someone gave me more info than they were suppose to give. I tried to get more this am and was told they had a note, "Note to give out any info to customers" (I guess because pricing not loaded). I think when all is said and done I may likely go along with my DH who wants a repositioning cruise with mostly sea days. It's not what I am usually looking for but I won't be able to justify the new pricing with a port intensive itinerary and especially one where I might like to stay on land overnight such as Eqypt and off the ship every day for lunch with the exception of one sea day. This last trip we stayed off the ship a couple nights including in Hong Kong the first night. It was easy to justify with the pricing.

Hi Jade !

The strategy might also be the following:

14 Night Cruises were not selling full at $2700- $3000 pp for the Caribbean, thus they are going to help their bottom line and also your wallet by reducing the itinerary length and the price.

For example, I've noticed that Azamara likes to keep their prices at about $200-$250 per person per day. Take $200 x 10 nights = $2,000 pp.

I, for one, who is limited in time and would not want to spend another $1500 for 4 more nights would be happier with shorter itineraries that allow me to maximize my time and my money spent.

Just my opinion. Only time will tell. If I see a 10 night cruise for $2699 pp, then obviously they aren't following my thought process. lol

Hi Jim

I can tell you that those are the new itineraries.

We went to a cruise show in London and booked this one off itinerary to Indonesia for Dec 23rd 2011

SINGAPORE

AT SEA

KRAKATOA VOLCANO- NIGHT SAIL

PEUCANG ISLAND (UJUNG KULON)

AT SEA

SEMARANG, INDONESIA

AT SEA

LOMBOK, INDONESIA

KOMODO, INDONESIA

BENOA, BALI, INDONESIA

BENOA, BALI, INDONESIA

AT SEA

AT SEA

SINGAPORE

We are very excited about such an exotic itinerary. We only managed to book it because we got talking to the Marketing manager and she okayed it.

I am a little disappointed that they have gone to SO many 7 night cruises for the entire summer months in Europe. I can understand those wanting to do b2b's, but for our vacation from work, we can't do that long. We can take 2 weeks off, but that has to include travel to and from the states with an overnight when we get to Europe. I usually have to book 12 night itineraries to accommodate this. I'll keep looking, but at first pass, there is a disappointing feeling.

Hi Jim

I can tell you that those are the new itineraries.

We went to a cruise show in London and booked this one off itinerary to Indonesia for Dec 23rd 2011

SINGAPORE

AT SEA

KRAKATOA VOLCANO- NIGHT SAIL

PEUCANG ISLAND (UJUNG KULON)

AT SEA

SEMARANG, INDONESIA

AT SEA

LOMBOK, INDONESIA

KOMODO, INDONESIA

BENOA, BALI, INDONESIA

BENOA, BALI, INDONESIA

AT SEA

AT SEA

SINGAPORE

We are very excited about such an exotic itinerary. We only managed to book it because we got talking to the Marketing manager and she okayed it.

Great itinerary. Btw, when was this cruise show in which Londoners got first chance to book?

They must be working out the ports as we speak. I was told about this cruise to the Amazon, but was told it was from San Juan, not Barbados. In any event, we can not travel this late in the year.

Day Port Arr Dep

1. BRIDGETOWN, BARBADOS 06:00 18:00 Emb/Deb

2. AT SEA - -

3. AT SEA - -

4. AT SEA - -

5. BELEM, BRAZIL 07:00 14:00

6. AT SEA - -

7. FORTALEZA, BRAZIL 15:00 23:00

8. AT SEA - -

9. NATAL, BRAZIL 08:00 20:00

10. RECIFE, BRAZIL 08:00 19:00

11. AT SEA - -

12. SALVADOR DE BAHIA, BRAZIL 07:00 22:00

13. AT SEA - -

14. BUZIOS, BRAZIL 13:00 22:00

15. RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL 07:00 -

Hi Jade

There was a cruise show in London this past weekend. To be honest when we first enquired about the new itineraries the sales manager on the Azamara stand was really disappointed and embarassed that she didn't have any details of them. I later got the chance to speak with some very senior management at the show and was given a sneak preview of the new itineraries.

I felt quite taken aback as no one else had seen them, not even the sales manager.

As a nice gesture the VP of sales gave permission to the sales manager to take our booking for the Indonesia cruise. I don't know if they did this for anyone else at the show. The 2011/12 schedule certainly wasnt public knowledge it was only that I happened to ask the "right" person that we were lucky enough to be able to book this.

Hi Jade

There was a cruise show in London this past weekend. To be honest when we first enquired about the new itineraries the sales manager on the Azamara stand was really disappointed and embarassed that she didn't have any details of them. I later got the chance to speak with some very senior management at the show and was given a sneak preview of the new itineraries.

I felt quite taken aback as no one else had seen them, not even the sales manager.

As a nice gesture the VP of sales gave permission to the sales manager to take our booking for the Indonesia cruise. I don't know if they did this for anyone else at the show. The 2011/12 schedule certainly wasnt public knowledge it was only that I happened to ask the "right" person that we were lucky enough to be able to book this.

Well, itineraries are up in the UK now along with pricing.

I just called here in the US and was told they can not book or hold anything until they have the prices. I am just surprised they would have the pricing out in some countries (Europe) and not others.

Just curious if they had the pricing for you over the weekend, or was it a hold on a stateroom until they had the prices (which they obviously now do in the UK)?

When the sales manager went into the system she was surprised to find the prices has already been loaded so she was able to make the booking then and there otherwise she was going to just take a deposit and hold it until the cruise became available.

Just out of interest where have you seen the prices? I cant find them on Azamara's website

When the sales manager went into the system she was surprised to find the prices has already been loaded so she was able to make the booking then and there otherwise she was going to just take a deposit and hold it until the cruise became available.

Just out of interest where have you seen the prices? I cant find them on Azamara's website

I saw them on the link (I thought you provided). Maybe it was just deleted, but it was a UK website.

Hi Everyone !

Regarding comments about an earlier post of a TA website... I deleted the post and link to the website, as it is against our Guidelines to post this information.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry Andy, I realise I shouldnt have posted a link to a travel agents website but seeing as it was the only place I could find the new itineraries and knowing how eager everyone was to see them I took the chance.

Hopefully Azamaras website should be updated soon, then everyone will be able to see them.

Lisa

It looks like the cruise line is mainly positioning towards European passengers with many many 7 nights cruises. Of course one could do btb's to make a 14 night but it is never the same as it breaks up the cruise, pricing not a great break and usually repeats of everything including the Welcome aboard, farewell, and entertainment.

On the other hand, although we loved our 14 night, the 10 nights cruises have always really been the best for us and there are some of those. If traveling from far it allows for travel time and pre-cruse time making a 2 week vacation.

There are also 4 and 5 night cruises on Azamara. I think they are doing something similar to SilverSea with the unique itineraries you can string together, which is what I hoped. But SilverSea has more longer itineraries, usually at least 10 nights.

I just looked at the itinerary for the 2011 Baltic Cruises. What a change compared to this year. I am so glad we are going not going next year because while no price was posted, the itinerary I believe is not as good as this year's. I am now not sure about the New Azamara.

Art

Archived