Captains Dinner on Caribbean Princess Information?

jessegirl88

Not sure if I have the right name but I was wondering if they have a captains dinner on the Caribbean Princess - where you get to eat dinner with the captain. If someone could give me all the particulars on it I would appreciate it.

Thanks

I think you are thinking of the Chef's Table.. I am sure they have it on the CB. Cost is $150 per couple, food, wine and experience is well worth it. You will have to call the dine line as soon as you board to make reservations.

Not sure if I have the right name but I was wondering if they have a captains dinner on the Caribbean Princess - where you get to eat dinner with the captain. If someone could give me all the particulars on it I would appreciate it.

Thanks

I think Largin has figured out your question, maybe. There is a chef's table which is at a charge but the captain won't usually be there. But a Captain's Dinner where you actually dine with the captain I have not heard of you being able to make arrangements for. Days gone by, the Captain would choose who to invite to dine with him in the evening, but even that doesn't happen much anymore on Princess. ;)

Edited, I see you have already responded, My apology, I am typing very slow this evening. lol

go to this site and you can see several You Tube videos on Chefs Table on Princess ships.

also this description:

Chef’s Table diners not only go behind the scenes to get an insider’s view of the dynamic action during the height of dinner preparation, they also enjoy champagne and hors d’oeuvres, followed by a lavish, multi-course tasting dinner paired with selected wines at a special table in the dining room. Specially created at the chef’s choice, the menu is not offered anywhere else on the ship. Diners enjoy interaction with the chef throughout the dinner as it is served at their private table. This special experience is now available across most of the Princess fleet, and is limited to 10 diners for $75 per person, including wines.

can my kids attend?

How old are they? If they are old enough to sit through a three hour meal and appreciate great food, they would be welcome (paying the $75/person, possibly a little less since they would not be consuming alcohol).

For some reviews, see

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=928036#post18217437 post #38

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=956179 post #1

Jesse girl, you have had a number of posts here, and I gather your children are quite young. Have you investigated the Princess' Kids programs? There is a great site on the boards about traveling with children, and many posters find it very helpful. Most kids really love the programs. They have many special activities, and will give you some time to yourself, provided they are old enough to participate. So glad we can help you out here on the Princess board.:)

Archived