One-way Rental Car - who to use/where to return?

tiffnco

Hi all,

I will be flying into MIA, renting a car, picking up some friends at FLL and then we're heading to Boca for the night. The next day we're getting up and heading to our ship in FLL. I'd like to do a one-way rental, so I won't need to go back to an airport to return the car.

Do you know of any locations close to the FLL port that would make this possible?

Thanks!

Try Budget. Pickup at MIA drop off at their Quay Plaza location in Fort Lauderdale. Last I knew, they still provided free shuttle to the port and it is less than a 5 minute ride. A lot of people have been posting that they are getting charged one way drop fees now, but I rated your dates out on the Budget website and didn't see the fee.

Good Luck!!

The Budget suggestion is good if they still shuttle to the port. Remember though that the airport in FLL is only a short cab ride away from the pier, so any rental agency operating out of FLL that can give you a good one way deal would work. At most a $15 cab ride or less to the pier.

I've used Thrifty with the best rate, at the time for my trip in Feb. It can pay to compare several and go with the cheapest. :)

Thrify is one of the few car rentals that also shuttles you to your ship.

Thanks all! I did secure a car through Budget...dropping off at the 17th Street Quay location. It just seems easire than going back to the airport and dealing with unloading luggage and then heading down to the taxi line...

Thanks all! I did secure a car through Budget...dropping off at the 17th Street Quay location. It just seems easire than going back to the airport and dealing with unloading luggage and then heading down to the taxi line...

Exactly! Why go to the airport when it is not absolutely necessary, it's bad enough when it is!!! :o:p

Have a great trip!!

Archived